Monday, February 9, 2015

Kindle Unlimited Review - Amazon - 4 stars - needs for books for children that read -


Item: Kindle Unlimited Program

Quick Review:  Stars 4 out of 5 (Lack of Children's books for ages 8-12 year old boys)

Review:   As a crazy book reader Kindle unlimited is an amazing program. I can read a 200+ page book in four hours so as you can imagine when I have time to read I can go though a lot of books in one month. After spending around ten to twenty dollars a month on ebook I decided this program will save me money and boy has it.

Most of the unlimited books I have read are authors I would never read because the cost of their books or because I had never heard of the author before.  This program gives me the chance as a reader to take a chance on smaller unknown author or indie authors because those are the books on the unlimited program.

I also pay for this program because my 8 year old son reads like his mommy and I can't find enough books for him to read.  This is the reason I am giving this four stars because of the lack of books for an 8 year old boy to read. They have Diary of a Wimpy kid but only three books and well he finished those in two weeks and he wanted to read more but the ebooks cost around 7-8 dollar a book. I hope they will be adding more 8-12 year old books for boys because that has got to be one of the hardest age groups. To top it off I have to find books that are under his schools reading program (AR Program) because they test the kids on those books only. So again I am limited to what my son can read.  They have the entire Harry Potter Series on the unlimited but my son isn't interested in magic right now and more into life and how things work.

This program works like the library where you are only allowed to take out ten books at a time which has gotten complicated because I have to share my ten slots with my son but its worth the sacrifice. Its 9.99 a month. During the month of December I decided to see how much money I saved using the Unlimited program I would have spent around 40$ on books had I bought everything I read.

I love this program and I love finding new authors every single month.

Author I have found because of this program
Melinda Leigh, Kendra Elliot, Jeff Kinny, Bella Andre, Ryan Quinn, Edward Lucas, A.R Winters and Deborah Brown all authors I would have never taken a chance on reading had it not been for the Unlimited Program.

Thanks Heidi for this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer for all reviews sent by the publisher, publicist or author for review.

THE FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION (FTC) ISSUED NEW RULES THAT WENT INTO EFFECT ON DECEMBER 1, 2009. THESE RULES STATE THAT PRODUCT REVIEWERS ON BLOGS MUST DISCLOSE WHETHER THEY RECEIVED REVIEW PRODUCTS FOR FREE OR RECEIVED MONETARY PAYMENT FOR SUCH REVIEWS. PAYMENT IS NEVER ACCEPTED IN EXCHANGE FOR A REVIEW OR BOOK MENTION UNLESS NOTED IN THE POST. THE RECEIPT OF ARCS OR FREE REVIEW COPIES IN NO WAY INFLUENCES OR HAS AN IMPACT ON THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED IN THE BOOK REVIEWS POSTED ON THIS SITE.