Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Book Review - The Road Trip - Jo Lynn Crozier

The Road Trip
Title:  The Road Trip

Author: Jo Lynn Crozier

Review:   At first I really thought the idea of this book was rather stupid, but I kept reading and it only took a few more pages to discover that the message in this book were for me.  I loved the way the author made the ideas easy to understand and yet relevant at the same time.   Who are we and what does God want us to do with the things he has given us?  Well read this book and you will have more than just those questions to think about.

My favorite chapter was the one on the Kingdom of  ITS and how no one ruled there.  Wow great things to think about and especially how we use are time.  The chapter on the beehive and the activities we allow our mouth to go on…I have to say that this book spoke to me and I believe it will speak to you.  I only gave the book 4 stars because it is very Christian and that may not be for everyone….but it was for me and I loved it and gave it a five star rating in my life.

I would suggest this book to anyone out there who needs something more….who doesn’t need more something?


Publisher: Emmanuel House Publishing (November 1, 2011)

ISBN: 9780984387915

Copyright: 2010

Pages: 171

Quick Review: 4 stars (out of 5)

Why I Read It:  Sent by the publisher for review.

Synopsis: Liz always felt God beside her, but she never imagined she would be in his passenger seat! In this humorous, heartfelt adventure story, God invites an ordinary woman to travel with him on a life-changing road trip. Along the way, they encounter fantastic beings, heavenly houses, and extraordinary communities that Liz could never have imagined. But this is no vacation. God has a lot to teach Liz, and behind all the whimsy is a deeper spiritual message with real-life applications. Buckle up and join God and Liz on the journey of a lifetime.
Author Biography: Jo Lynn Crozier is a member of the International Fellowship of Christians and Jews, draws her literary inspiration from her relationship with God. She attended the University of Texas at Arlington and currently works as a mortgage banker. Crozier resides in Granbury, Texas, with her husband, Bobby. ­They have one son, three daughters, and three grandchildren.

2 comments:

  1. The title alone makes me want to read it and so does your great review!

    Megan @ Storybook Love Affair

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't know if I would want God as my fellow traveller though H e is always there anyway :) Glad you liked it. I always like books about travel and road trips. Reminded me of Travels with Charley by Steinbeck.

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer for all reviews sent by the publisher, publicist or author for review.

THE FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION (FTC) ISSUED NEW RULES THAT WENT INTO EFFECT ON DECEMBER 1, 2009. THESE RULES STATE THAT PRODUCT REVIEWERS ON BLOGS MUST DISCLOSE WHETHER THEY RECEIVED REVIEW PRODUCTS FOR FREE OR RECEIVED MONETARY PAYMENT FOR SUCH REVIEWS. PAYMENT IS NEVER ACCEPTED IN EXCHANGE FOR A REVIEW OR BOOK MENTION UNLESS NOTED IN THE POST. THE RECEIPT OF ARCS OR FREE REVIEW COPIES IN NO WAY INFLUENCES OR HAS AN IMPACT ON THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED IN THE BOOK REVIEWS POSTED ON THIS SITE.