Monday, October 10, 2016

Motherhood Monday My Advice Take Time For Yourself. Best gift you can Give To Your Loved Ones.

Starting Oct 3rd thought Oct 15 I am mommy 24 hours a day.  It is fall break here since we are on a modified school year we get 14 day breaks in the fall, winter and spring. 6-7 weeks in the summer.

I love making plans for my kiddos but as all best laid plan seem to fall apart.  This time wonderful things one made our fall break fall apart. One of my husband co workers are adopting twins out of state.  Instead of traveling we will be staying home, camping in the backyard, going to the natural history museum that my kiddos love and playing lots of "educational games." Thrown in some hiking.

Not to mention my daughter cracked and chipped off a molar, cracked two adult molars and needs 4 fillings.  The other kiddos dentist appointments wonderful expect for my baby who is 3 he has 3 fussed teeth.  So he is missing three teeth because 3 are fussed together.  We can't do anything about it until he is 5 so nothing to worry about.

My mother sent books to my daughter that were hers when she was 7 years old.  My daughter dove right in enjoying every single word on the page.  These book were publish in 1935 (No my mom isn't that old) however the books are so my daughter has been so careful with "Grandma's special books."

My 99 year old Grandmother died a week ago having enjoyed a long life my mother and father asked me what my family would love of her.  I asked my kids and the first thing they said was "Does she have any books? We would Great Grandma books.  I requested any books as well as her dinner jewelry as my grandmother called it..  She was only a few months away from her 100th birthday but the only person she wanted to spend it with had died two years ago her twin sister.  Now they get to spend it together.

The other day someone asked me how I had it all together when it came to my family.  I said "Lots of Medication." As Funny as it sounds its not far from the truth.  I suffer from social and general anxiety along with ADHD. In a nutshell my brain never shuts down which is what causes me endless insomnia; curse and pretty dang awesome gift.  I get to read all the time.

I don't have it all together in fact most day I am swimming with my head just above the water. The only advice I can give other mom is take time for yourself.  Its ok and guess what no matter what you will feel guilty but once you have done all you can do for your family it is time to do something good for you.  Sit down, read a book, enjoy the quite and guess what cleaning can wait.

There is my only advice.  I try to go out once a month with my girlfriends to dinner, or a movie or a piano bar.  I go out once a week with my husband to have some time to talk, walk, watch a movie or just sit next together other without hearing "Stop Touching Mommy She is Mine!"
These are some of the greatest gifts I have given to my family.
Mommy needs some time not to be mommy. Put your needs first at the end of the night, or the end of the week and do not feel guilty because you have put in so much hard work during the months, weeks and days.
You need to recharge as much as anyone else in the world. Take it. Enjoy it and love yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer for all reviews sent by the publisher, publicist or author for review.

THE FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION (FTC) ISSUED NEW RULES THAT WENT INTO EFFECT ON DECEMBER 1, 2009. THESE RULES STATE THAT PRODUCT REVIEWERS ON BLOGS MUST DISCLOSE WHETHER THEY RECEIVED REVIEW PRODUCTS FOR FREE OR RECEIVED MONETARY PAYMENT FOR SUCH REVIEWS. PAYMENT IS NEVER ACCEPTED IN EXCHANGE FOR A REVIEW OR BOOK MENTION UNLESS NOTED IN THE POST. THE RECEIPT OF ARCS OR FREE REVIEW COPIES IN NO WAY INFLUENCES OR HAS AN IMPACT ON THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED IN THE BOOK REVIEWS POSTED ON THIS SITE.