Friday, July 31, 2015

Book Review - A Spell for Chameleon - Piers Anthony

76664
Title:  A Spell for Chameleon

Author:  Piers Anthony

Review:  Well I read this in college and then re-read it again and I have to say that it just gets funnier every time I read it - the puns hit me differently then they did when I first read the book.  I enjoy this authors writing and the complete series - every book I have read makes me laugh out loud and I keep coming back - 

This is an author that any age would enjoy - I am trying to get my teens to read this series if I can pull them away from the XBOX - this is a great series and I hope you get a chance to read it - Give it a try - I think you will enjoy it - 

Synopsis:  Xanth was the enchanted land where magic ruled--where every citizen had a special spell only he could cast. That is, except for Bink of North Village. He was sure he possessed no magic, and knew that if he didn't find some soon, he would be exiled. According to the Good Magician Humfrey, the charts said that Bink was as powerful as the King or even the Evil Magician Trent. Unfortunately, no one could determine its form. Meanwhile, Bink was in despair. If he didn't find his magic soon, he would be forced to leave....

Mass Market Paperback, 344 pages
Published February 12th 1977 by Del Rey (first published 1976)
Piers Anthony
Author Information:   Though he spent the first four years of his life in England, Piers never returned to live in his country of birth after moving to Spain and immigrated to America at age six. After graduating with a B.A. from Goddard College, he married one of his fellow students and and spent fifteen years in an assortment of professions before he began writing fiction full-time.

Piers is a self-proclaimed environmentalist and lives on a tree farm in Florida with his wife. They have two grown daughters.

http://us.macmillan.com/author/piersa...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer for all reviews sent by the publisher, publicist or author for review.

THE FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION (FTC) ISSUED NEW RULES THAT WENT INTO EFFECT ON DECEMBER 1, 2009. THESE RULES STATE THAT PRODUCT REVIEWERS ON BLOGS MUST DISCLOSE WHETHER THEY RECEIVED REVIEW PRODUCTS FOR FREE OR RECEIVED MONETARY PAYMENT FOR SUCH REVIEWS. PAYMENT IS NEVER ACCEPTED IN EXCHANGE FOR A REVIEW OR BOOK MENTION UNLESS NOTED IN THE POST. THE RECEIPT OF ARCS OR FREE REVIEW COPIES IN NO WAY INFLUENCES OR HAS AN IMPACT ON THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED IN THE BOOK REVIEWS POSTED ON THIS SITE.