Friday, June 27, 2014

Book Review - Artful Dodger - A Maggie Kean Misadventure - Nageeba Davis

17974494
Title:  Artful Dodger

AuthorNageebaDavis

Review:  Maggie Kean is an art teacher and sculptor who can’t cook even toast without burning it. To make matters worse she stumbles upon a dead body all before 8am. After giving her statement over and over again to the police Maggie learns she is the prime suspect. To clear her name Maggie starts her own investigation only finding herself falling for the sexy detective, finding an illegitimate child and trying to avoid two spoiled brats all before lunch.

I am sent a list of free Amazon books each week and this week Artful Dodger was on the list and I thought it sounded cute. Little did I know I would find myself laughing out loud, totally rooting for Maggie as she tries to help the police find the person who murdered her dear friend.
The Artful Dodgers is an easy fun mystery with the right amount of dark and light humor to make it an enjoyable read.

Nageeba writes wonderful scenes with verbal sparring between the hero and heroine that will have the reader laughing. Nageeba created a strong female heroine who doesn’t back down from a fight and will fight for what she knows is right.  Did Nageeba create an original character? No but what she created was two very fun and memorable characters who had me laughing. It’s a wonderful summer pool read with the right amount of mystery and romance. Do I plan to read the next in the series? Yes. I could recommend this book to almost anything since there was very little languages and no sex scenes.

Thanks Heidi for this review.


Published:  Published April 26th 2013 by Barrel Boat Enterprises
ISBN:  B00CJV6N0Y
Page Count: 212
Quick Review:  5 out 5 stars –
Why I Read this Title:  Free on Kindle.

Synopsis: Take one funny, wise-cracking artist, one gorgeous, sexy detective, throw in a grizzly murder, a little amateur sleuthing, and you have the makings of a wild, romantic, misadventure.

Art teacher and sculptor Maggie Kean thought she was having a rotten day, burning her toast, stubbing her toe, and all before eight in the morning. Things just couldn't get any worse. At least, until the dead body clogs up her toilet. To make matters worse, Maggie becomes the prime suspect. Now all she has to do is evade the police, clear her name, trap a killer...and deal with one mouth-watering, hunky detective who drives her crazy while making her hormones do the happy dance.
nageeba2

Author Information:    I knew I wanted to write from the time I was a little girl. I was writing in journals long before John-boy Walton ever picked up a pencil…but, in full disclosure, I did switch over to tablets after watching him on the show. (Just writing that sentence made me nostalgic enough to go online and purchase one again.) As so often is the case, reading and writing go hand-in-hand. When I was young, my mother took the kids (there were three of us at the time) to the library every week. Years later, she told me that I was always much more enthusiastic about the trips than my older brothers, who would rather spend time beating each other up–but I loved to read. A true geeky bookworm. If I could have built a home at that age, it would have looked exactly like a library…minus the brothers.

Writing was a natural path for me. What could be more exciting than creating a story of my own, getting it published and seeing it on a bookshelf? Life just couldn’t get any better than that.

Other Reviews:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer for all reviews sent by the publisher, publicist or author for review.

THE FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION (FTC) ISSUED NEW RULES THAT WENT INTO EFFECT ON DECEMBER 1, 2009. THESE RULES STATE THAT PRODUCT REVIEWERS ON BLOGS MUST DISCLOSE WHETHER THEY RECEIVED REVIEW PRODUCTS FOR FREE OR RECEIVED MONETARY PAYMENT FOR SUCH REVIEWS. PAYMENT IS NEVER ACCEPTED IN EXCHANGE FOR A REVIEW OR BOOK MENTION UNLESS NOTED IN THE POST. THE RECEIPT OF ARCS OR FREE REVIEW COPIES IN NO WAY INFLUENCES OR HAS AN IMPACT ON THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED IN THE BOOK REVIEWS POSTED ON THIS SITE.