Monday, February 3, 2014

Products we Don't Love Anymore - Vera Bradley anything with silver metal accents -

Update I posted this review on Vera Bradley and they did not allow it to be posted.

I bought one of these lanyard from Vera Bradley back last year - I wore it with my work ID and it hung around my neck for about 3 months.  I received many compliments and I loved the way it looked.  I noticed one day that the silver ring and clips were turning copper color - I hardly touch this lanyard- it hangs around my neck and my ID is attached to the string hooked to the large ring.  The silver was wearing away without much touching or time - I had this less than 3 months at the time I noticed this color change.

I looked at my other Vera Bradley items and sure enough the silver rings on my Hipster purse were also turning a copper color.  I emailed the company and they told me they would have to see the item to access if it was a manufacture defect - but they informed me that it most likely was not and that I would need to send the lanyard to them at my expense and also pay return freight if it was determined not to be a manufacture defect - which they stated again their doubt in that possibility.  I wrote back and asked what else the color change could be and they said wear and tear - After only 3 months without even touching, rubbing, etc.  Hanging loosely around my neck only- I guess I think it should stay silver much longer than 3 months of any kind of wear.  

So if you are planning on buying from Vera Bradly be sure the item doesn't have any silver accents, rings, etc.  you will not be pleased by the copper color coming out after little or no time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer for all reviews sent by the publisher, publicist or author for review.

THE FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION (FTC) ISSUED NEW RULES THAT WENT INTO EFFECT ON DECEMBER 1, 2009. THESE RULES STATE THAT PRODUCT REVIEWERS ON BLOGS MUST DISCLOSE WHETHER THEY RECEIVED REVIEW PRODUCTS FOR FREE OR RECEIVED MONETARY PAYMENT FOR SUCH REVIEWS. PAYMENT IS NEVER ACCEPTED IN EXCHANGE FOR A REVIEW OR BOOK MENTION UNLESS NOTED IN THE POST. THE RECEIPT OF ARCS OR FREE REVIEW COPIES IN NO WAY INFLUENCES OR HAS AN IMPACT ON THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED IN THE BOOK REVIEWS POSTED ON THIS SITE.