Monday, May 9, 2011

Monday Musing - The IT BOOK

    I believe everyone has an IT BOOK, the book that turns you into a reader, the book that makes the world come alive in its pages, the book that is like nothing you have ever read, seen or heard of before, the book that makes you want more.


   My IT BOOK was the Outsiders, I read that in middle school and it was the first time that the words told a story I wanted to read.  The words made pictures in my head and it was the best movie I had ever seen.  I wanted to read more and more after that.


    You may have been young, or not when you found your IT BOOK.  What was yours?

1 comment:

  1. My IT BOOK was forced on me for a book report in third grade. I had read before than but it wasn't anything special to me. Than my teacher told me I had to do a book report on this HUGE, seemed like it at the time, book which turned out to be Little House on the Prairie by Laura Ingalls Wilder. Ever since I have read that book I have been a book lover, devouring every book that I can get my hands on. :D

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer for all reviews sent by the publisher, publicist or author for review.

THE FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION (FTC) ISSUED NEW RULES THAT WENT INTO EFFECT ON DECEMBER 1, 2009. THESE RULES STATE THAT PRODUCT REVIEWERS ON BLOGS MUST DISCLOSE WHETHER THEY RECEIVED REVIEW PRODUCTS FOR FREE OR RECEIVED MONETARY PAYMENT FOR SUCH REVIEWS. PAYMENT IS NEVER ACCEPTED IN EXCHANGE FOR A REVIEW OR BOOK MENTION UNLESS NOTED IN THE POST. THE RECEIPT OF ARCS OR FREE REVIEW COPIES IN NO WAY INFLUENCES OR HAS AN IMPACT ON THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED IN THE BOOK REVIEWS POSTED ON THIS SITE.