Monday, February 22, 2016

Motherhood Monday

Last week Doug and I went to Las Vegas for MAGIC in other words Clothing Expo. My parents came to visit bringing there Cocoa a little white Hinze 57 mutt. Very sweet Dog but still a dog and I have two little ones that loves and I mean LOVE dogs and two that are very very scared of Dogs.
 As I walked out the door for my trip I watched as my 2 1\2 year old refused to move from his perch on the kitchen table and 5 year old every so often muffling a cry. I walked out the door ready for my 3 days of not once hearing "Mom!" Or having anyone walk into the bathroom demanding my attention and questioning why I am sitting on the mommy thrown.

Three days of fun, peace and spending over and hour showering and getting ready for my day.

However reality came back as I walked into the door and I had to two very tried looking grandparents as well as a little 2 year old who needed his mommy. The next morning I expected we missed you mom instead I got :
9 Year Old: "No! Why does Cocoa and Grandma and pa need to leave? You came home too early."
7 Year old: "Mom can you go away please we need more time."
5 Year old: "My grandma can't leave she needs me to be loved."
2 1\2 year old: He wouldn't let go of me even to eat breakfast.

Later that day
9 year old: "Mom I think it is time we got a Dog."
7 year old: "I want to name our dog Roise."  (FYI his or her name will be stinky.)
5 year old: "Where is Cocoa? Where is my grandma? Why did you send her away? Don't you love me?"
2 1\2 year old: "Where Papa? Where Cocoa?"

A few things I have learned about being a mom is:
1. Don't take life IE your kids too serious they love me no matter what.
2. Nothing can replace Grandparents and there undying love.
3. No matter what Sleep is never overrated in fact I can never get enough of it.
4. When leaving a 2 year old who is scared of Dogs make sure the babysitters understand they will be carrying said two year old everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer for all reviews sent by the publisher, publicist or author for review.

THE FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION (FTC) ISSUED NEW RULES THAT WENT INTO EFFECT ON DECEMBER 1, 2009. THESE RULES STATE THAT PRODUCT REVIEWERS ON BLOGS MUST DISCLOSE WHETHER THEY RECEIVED REVIEW PRODUCTS FOR FREE OR RECEIVED MONETARY PAYMENT FOR SUCH REVIEWS. PAYMENT IS NEVER ACCEPTED IN EXCHANGE FOR A REVIEW OR BOOK MENTION UNLESS NOTED IN THE POST. THE RECEIPT OF ARCS OR FREE REVIEW COPIES IN NO WAY INFLUENCES OR HAS AN IMPACT ON THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED IN THE BOOK REVIEWS POSTED ON THIS SITE.