Monday, February 29, 2016

Motherhood: Hiding place Bathroom, Bedroom Where do you hide?

As a kid the only time I would get to talk with my mom was in the bathroom.  Than again their were 7 of us so fighting for moms time we took it when could get it. So sometimes it was sitting on the bathroom counter talking to her about whatever was going on.
Now that I am a mom the bathroom is my quite time away from the tiny humans who go hunting for me the second I step out of their line of site.
I tried the whole come on in while I take care of business but soon my private bathroom time became lets ask mom 20 questions about what she does in the bathroom to my toddler pointing at my body and asking questions.
Yes some of you might say this is good teaching the kids about how their bodies are different but for me I just needed a few seconds of not being asked questions. I shut the door trusting in the few mins it take to use the bathroom no one would kill, hurt or mane their siblings. Lesson learned ALOT can happens in a few seconds.
My toddler decided he hated the locked door so he would lay his head down and cry as his little fingers appeared under wanting to get in.  It was hard but soon he realized I wasn't coming out until I was done. So he would stand at the door like a little sentry and the second I was out he announced to everyone and yes they would all come running like I was coming for for the first time in weeks.
I learned hiding from my kids for a few minutes a day was heavenly and the best hiding places their bedrooms.  They never came looking for me in their bedrooms Go figure.

In the famous words of my 5 year old (Counting down the days until she is in ALL day Kindergarten)
You never listen to me... WHY don't you listen to me? What do you have to use the bathroom? Why do you always pee? Why do you have to poop. I need you to stop that and listen to me!

Why indeed?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer for all reviews sent by the publisher, publicist or author for review.

THE FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION (FTC) ISSUED NEW RULES THAT WENT INTO EFFECT ON DECEMBER 1, 2009. THESE RULES STATE THAT PRODUCT REVIEWERS ON BLOGS MUST DISCLOSE WHETHER THEY RECEIVED REVIEW PRODUCTS FOR FREE OR RECEIVED MONETARY PAYMENT FOR SUCH REVIEWS. PAYMENT IS NEVER ACCEPTED IN EXCHANGE FOR A REVIEW OR BOOK MENTION UNLESS NOTED IN THE POST. THE RECEIPT OF ARCS OR FREE REVIEW COPIES IN NO WAY INFLUENCES OR HAS AN IMPACT ON THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED IN THE BOOK REVIEWS POSTED ON THIS SITE.