Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Book Review - Killer Heels - Sheryl Anderson


Title:  Killer Heels

AuthorSheryl Anderson

Review:  Molly Forrester writes for Zeitgeist in the advice column like Dear Abby - but one night her new pair of Jimmy Choo stumble into the body of her dead colleague. Since Molly writes a column about dealing with peoples secrets it should be a piece of cake solving a murder. Molly enlists the help of her lawyer friend Cassady and event planner Tricia to support and help her find the murder.  As luck would have it a cute homicide detective can't decide if Molly is guilty or truly just wanting to help a friend out.

I will admit it I have found a love for Cozy Mysteries and I can't help but giggle, fall in love with and enjoy every second of a light murder Mystery with a touch of romance.

Killer Heels is the perfect book to sit by the pool and enjoy hours of tanning while laughing endlessly at Molly- how she seems to find herself with too many dead bodies and her love life taking a turn in the right direction.  This book is wickedly clever with moments of honest to good humor and simple who don it.  The killer is pretty easy to figure out as with most cozy mystery but I found the writing so much fun it kept me reading to the very end. 

I found myself borrowing book 2 from the library just in case I liked book 1 and I am glad I did.

I found very little language in the book and sex was stopped at the door and let’s be honest sex scene while sun bathing do not mix because you can never tell the difference between a sun burn and blushing. I love the banter between Molly and the Detective finding it to be lively, natural and quite fun. 

If you like the High Heel Mysteries by Gemma Halliday this book will fit perfectly next to it.

One of my favorite scene in the book is when Molly stumbles across the dead body.

 "Call Ticia on her cell. "

Cassady squinted. "Your kidding right?"

Actually, I wasn't. "Who else?"

"I thought I'd start with the Police."  I couldn't stop laughing thinking I would do the same thing first call my best friend and then the police.  Every girl needs someone to tell right?

Thanks Heidi for this review

Published:  Published July 2005 by St. Martin's
ISBN:  0312319460
Page Count: 326
Quick Review:  5 out 5 stars –
Why I Read this TitleI did the most shocking thing known to man....I went to the library and wondered up and down the books and just pulled one off the shelf.

Synopsis:    Molly Forrester had always hoped opportunity would knock, not throw itself at her feet. She enjoys playing a "Dear Abby" type for Zeitgeist magazine, a Manhattan glossy "wedged on the newsstand somewhere between Marie Claire and Cosmo." But when she literally stumbles onto a crime-tripping over a colleague's body and ruining her new pair of Jimmy Choos-she sees the potential to sink her teeth-or heels-into some real news for a change.

After all, writing a column dealing with people's secrets should be good preparation for solving a murder. Especially since the victim was a notorious lady's man. Still, even an expert could use some help. So Molly enlists Cassady and Tricia, the best friends she always turns to for support, shoes, and the proper cocktail.

She might even take a cue from that cute homicide detective... Or is he cozying up because he thinks Molly's a killer?

Sheryl J. Anderson delivers a wickedly funny, sexy, and suspenseful novel about one girl tackling a killer in the Big Apple. Compared to negotiating Manhattan's singles scene, solving one eensy teensy stabbing shouldn't be that big a deal.... Right?

 
Author Information:   I've always loved mysteries -- the puzzle, the suspense, the vindication. But I've been working in television, where the emphasis has shifted to the forensics and the procedures of investigation. That's why I wanted to make Killer Heels an "anti-procedural," a throwback to the days of Nick and Nora Charles, when the proper cocktail was a crucial part of the investigation, and sly banter and snappy patter were key to getting a confession.

Killer Heels was my first novel. I'd always wanted to write one, but I took the long way around. I was a playwright in college (College of William & Mary in Williamsburg, Virginia), then headed to Los Angeles to try my hand at screenwriting. After a brief brush with movies, I moved into television, working as a development executive for Grant Tinker's GTG Entertainment. I then became a half-hour (sitcom) writer, working on shows including Parker Lewis Can't Lose and Dave's World. More recently, I have been working as a writer/producer in hour (drama) television, on shows such as Charmed and For the People. Now, with Killer Cocktail and Killer Deal on the shelves and "Molly #4" in the works, I am hooked on writing novels.

In addition to my writing, I teach for Act One, an instructional program for Christian screenwriters, and for UCLA's Writer's Extension Program.

I live in Los Angeles with my amazing husband, Mark Parrott, and our two terrific children, Sara and Sean.


Other Reviews:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer for all reviews sent by the publisher, publicist or author for review.

THE FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION (FTC) ISSUED NEW RULES THAT WENT INTO EFFECT ON DECEMBER 1, 2009. THESE RULES STATE THAT PRODUCT REVIEWERS ON BLOGS MUST DISCLOSE WHETHER THEY RECEIVED REVIEW PRODUCTS FOR FREE OR RECEIVED MONETARY PAYMENT FOR SUCH REVIEWS. PAYMENT IS NEVER ACCEPTED IN EXCHANGE FOR A REVIEW OR BOOK MENTION UNLESS NOTED IN THE POST. THE RECEIPT OF ARCS OR FREE REVIEW COPIES IN NO WAY INFLUENCES OR HAS AN IMPACT ON THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED IN THE BOOK REVIEWS POSTED ON THIS SITE.