Monday, May 13, 2013

Character Post - The Knights of Galaria: The Crystals of Power - O. S. Gill

The Knights of Galaria
KAZ SILVERWYND

First day on the job

Lieutenant First Class; I find myself still trying to get used to the words first day on the job. It has been less than twenty-four hours since my graduation from the Knight Academy, and I have been shot at twice, my vehicle blown up, and in a skirmish. Sure we’re trained for this, I mean that’s what being a knight is all about. But it was largely ceremonial until now. You never hear about anyone attacking a knight so openly, I certainly haven’t. These are strange times.

All in all, I’m glad that I had my training to rely on; otherwise I wouldn’t have been able to save Xul Xandu on the podium yesterday. And we all would have probably died back in the canyons. As I look around the cabin I see the others trying to put on a brave face, but behind the bravado I know that they are still a bit shaken, having just had their first battle. And the fact that we’re being pursued certainly hasn’t helped. At least now, in these civilian clothes we are less conspicuous.

Most of us have been friends since that first term at the academy. Before the first year had ended Kara, Remus, Tanu, Vogt and I were already a tight knit bunch, with Eri, Evet and Zarak joining our group in the later years. There’s not a finer group that I would rather serve with, that was reinforced in the canyons. The way we moved, and defeated those androids, that cohesion doesn’t just come to a group, it takes years of bonding.

As we press on to Andros, I know that whatever perils lay there, whatever this dark force is that plots against us, with them by my side we shall persevere.


-- 
CEO/Founder Pump Up Your Book
PUMP UP YOUR BOOK ONLINE BOOK PUBLICITY
"We take books to the virtual level!"
Book Your Tour Review Our Books I Authors on Tour
Twitter I Facebook I Google+ I Goodreads I The Publicist's Desk

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer for all reviews sent by the publisher, publicist or author for review.

THE FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION (FTC) ISSUED NEW RULES THAT WENT INTO EFFECT ON DECEMBER 1, 2009. THESE RULES STATE THAT PRODUCT REVIEWERS ON BLOGS MUST DISCLOSE WHETHER THEY RECEIVED REVIEW PRODUCTS FOR FREE OR RECEIVED MONETARY PAYMENT FOR SUCH REVIEWS. PAYMENT IS NEVER ACCEPTED IN EXCHANGE FOR A REVIEW OR BOOK MENTION UNLESS NOTED IN THE POST. THE RECEIPT OF ARCS OR FREE REVIEW COPIES IN NO WAY INFLUENCES OR HAS AN IMPACT ON THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED IN THE BOOK REVIEWS POSTED ON THIS SITE.