Saturday, May 11, 2013

Book Feature - The Last Hybrid: Bloodline of Angels - Lee Wilson



Interview with Lee Wilson, Author of "The Last Hybrid: Bloodline of Angels."

1. What is the story behind the story for "The Last Hybrid"?
When we're teenagers, most of us feel that anything is possible. The world
is full of endless possibilities and it's often overwhelming as to what
direction we should go. It was during those days for me back in the 1990's
that the main character for "The Last Hybrid" came to life in my mind.
During a church class, a youth minister had mentioned the Nephilim, a race
of angel/human hybrids who, according to the Bible in Genesis 6, existed
on the earth before the flood. That fascinated me and dreams about those
people followed. It was in those dreams that Daniel, the main character in
the book, and the girl who would be thrown into his world, Hannah, were
born. To read more on the Nephilim go to

2. What was the most challenging aspect of writing "The Last Hybrid"?

Deciding what to include in the first book. The story is so complex since,
as of now, it's been nearly 20 years in the making. I had to determine the
starting point and the end for the first book. I also had to determine
what details to share without giving away too much for the future or the
past since the book will likely go in both directions in the future.

3. Describe your writing schedule. Do you outline? Any habits?

Oh geez. My schedule is a stream of consciousness. I write after I've felt
it well up inside. I prefer to write at night or during the day with a cup
of black coffee but my schedule makes it difficult to plan time dedicated
to writing. I am able to do that but it's a rare event. I usually take the
day as it comes and if/when I find time to write I do so. I take notes on
my cell phone so that the time when I'm able to write is productive. And
music, I've got to have music while I write. Nothing is as distracting as
the sound of my fingers pecking the keyboard.

4. What is your advice for aspiring writers?

Take your time to make sure the book is fully developed. Don't just throw
something out there because you've got "cover fever." If it's worth doing
it's worth being done correctly and worth giving time enough to culture in
your mind and on paper. Good stories can always be made better and good
writing can always be smoothed out and made more interesting. Don't
sacrifice that just because you want to get something out there. If you
haven't been able to get an agent or publisher, don't decide to simply
self-publish until after you've gone to workshops, read books on writing
and made other efforts at making your manuscript as good as it can be.
Then if you don't get traction in the industry, consider publishing it
yourself. Either way, you'll have a better product than if you rush.

5. What are you working on now?

The sequel. And some screenplays.
Win a copy.
Register to win a free copy of "The Last Hybrid" at

Follow "The Last Hybrid" on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/LastHybrid)

Follow Lee Wilson on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/LeeWilsonfanpage)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer for all reviews sent by the publisher, publicist or author for review.

THE FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION (FTC) ISSUED NEW RULES THAT WENT INTO EFFECT ON DECEMBER 1, 2009. THESE RULES STATE THAT PRODUCT REVIEWERS ON BLOGS MUST DISCLOSE WHETHER THEY RECEIVED REVIEW PRODUCTS FOR FREE OR RECEIVED MONETARY PAYMENT FOR SUCH REVIEWS. PAYMENT IS NEVER ACCEPTED IN EXCHANGE FOR A REVIEW OR BOOK MENTION UNLESS NOTED IN THE POST. THE RECEIPT OF ARCS OR FREE REVIEW COPIES IN NO WAY INFLUENCES OR HAS AN IMPACT ON THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED IN THE BOOK REVIEWS POSTED ON THIS SITE.