Friday, April 19, 2013

Book Feature - Evil UnLtd: The Root of All Evil - Simon A. Forward



AuthorSimon A Forward

Synopsis:  The Farce Of The Dark Side. Villains are the new Heroes in this Epic Sci Fi Adventure.

Evil UnLtd: on a mission of indefinite duration, to seek out new evil schemes and boldly go to depths and extremes where no super-villain has gone before.

Sinister supreme genius and super-villain, Dexter Snide, has floated Evil on the stock market and has gathered together a band of fellow villains, whose key challenge now is to ensure that Evil shows a consistent profit.

But Evil has its (some would say unfair) share of enemies: Heroes in all sorts of nauseating shapes and sizes, up to and including muscle-headed action man, Rolph Stengun; and, because Evil is a highly competitive field, rivals, such as the mysterious figure who has his Visigoyle minions shadowing their every move.

What begins as a heist to steal the greatest prize in the galaxy, draws Evil UnLtd into a devious plot to crash their enterprise before it's reached a fraction of its warped potential.

There is one thing of which their enemy may be certain: when anyone draws Dexter Snide into their sinister web, there will be serious disagreement over who gets to be chief spider...
Author Bio:   Born in Penzance in 1967. From the age of about three I was probably dreaming of writing for Doctor Who. Certainly it wasn't a case of just watching it: I'd go to bed with all sorts of adventures and story possibilities buzzing around in my head. From the age of eleven, I knew, whenever any aunts and uncles asked the "What do you want to do when you grow up?" question, the stock replies of jet pilot, train driver, astronaut were never going to be good enough for me. "I want to be a writer", I always said.

By then, I was as avid a writer as a reader and I'd be scribbling all those adventures and story possibilities down, and not just Doctor Who any more: I'd branched out, developing all sorts of wonderful creations of my own. (Many now thankfully lost in the mists of time!) At school, I'd delight in exploring the most fantastic interpretation of whatever essay title my English teacher would hand out, and presenting her with the resulting (usually sci-fi!) adventure. It was also at school, among like-minded friends, that I discovered role-playing games - a hobby where I could inflict my creations and adventures on others. Talk about a vocational pastime.

And all this continued to grow and develop as I was studying a fairly broad mix of English literature, history, art and computer science. So, safe to say, much of my time was based firmly in fantasy, with reality intruding frequently enough to get me through a HND course in Computer Studies and, eventually, land me a career in software engineering.

Since then I've worked variously as a programmer, for a handful of different firms and running my own business, and as a part-time lecturer in IT at the local college. But that was all essentially part of the background, a means to an end, because through it all (apart from, perhaps, a stultifying spell in Bracknell - a sort of monochromatic industrial park Legoland not far from London) the love of writing remained.I am a published author with a number of Doctor Who novels and audio dramas, as well as three novelisations for the BBC's Merlin series to my credit.

Message from the Author:  Meanwhile, among my own original works is a series entitled Evil UnLtd which I have published independently.

Vol 1: The Root Of All Evil and Vol 2: From Evil With Love are currently available for the Kindle and all other ebook formats as well as in paperback. Vol 3: Evil UTD is due to be released on May 25th 2013.

Until May 24th I am donating all royalties to Cancer Research UK and after that date I will continue to donate 50% of royalties. So it's in the interests of a very good cause that I am looking for people who might be willing to post reviews or interviews/features online and help raise the series' profile.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer for all reviews sent by the publisher, publicist or author for review.

THE FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION (FTC) ISSUED NEW RULES THAT WENT INTO EFFECT ON DECEMBER 1, 2009. THESE RULES STATE THAT PRODUCT REVIEWERS ON BLOGS MUST DISCLOSE WHETHER THEY RECEIVED REVIEW PRODUCTS FOR FREE OR RECEIVED MONETARY PAYMENT FOR SUCH REVIEWS. PAYMENT IS NEVER ACCEPTED IN EXCHANGE FOR A REVIEW OR BOOK MENTION UNLESS NOTED IN THE POST. THE RECEIPT OF ARCS OR FREE REVIEW COPIES IN NO WAY INFLUENCES OR HAS AN IMPACT ON THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED IN THE BOOK REVIEWS POSTED ON THIS SITE.