Monday, August 8, 2016

Motherhood Monday Life as a Mom of 4

When I decided to be a mom I really don't know what I was thinking.  Really I have no idea what I thought it would be like. What I would be like. I just knew it was time to have kids and someone else would raise them. Preschool, daycare, heck a nanny. Just not me. No way was I ever going to stay home because all I would do is messed up there amazing little brains.

Fast forward 10 years and guess what? I am the one staying home 24 hours day to make sure these human I gave birth to are going to be some pretty awesome adults. 

A few days ago one of my kiddos came home and said that their friend didn't agree with them.  They didn't understand why they felt that way.  I sat the little one down and said it was ok they didn't agree as long as you can still be friend.  I told her one of my friends and I live almost completely different lifestyles and we don't always agree on certain things but we care for one another and love each other.
I told my little one it is all about respecting each others difference and finding friends who uplift, love, and understand boundaries. My closed friend and I are completely different even how we raise our kids and yet we can laugh together, cry together, be crazy and still disagree and yet we love each other. 

We gave each other hugs and my kiddo went off to play.  I realized in some ways adults still can't do that. Accept each other differences and still love the person.  I will not always support my friends in all their decisions and they will not always support mine, however it is all about loving and accepting each others difference and setting boundaries.

My kiddo is still friends with this person and they get along just fine.  They protect each other and laugh together but when the person does something my child can't stand for they will tell their friend and leave it up to their friend to decide what they will do. My child will stand up for those who are picked on, shy, and in need of a friend. They will follow the crowds and they will stand out but most important they will be a good friend. 
As a adults I am the example to my kids on how to be a good friend.

I am so happy I am the one to raise my little ones because they teach me valuable lessons every single day.  Even ones I don't want to learn. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer for all reviews sent by the publisher, publicist or author for review.

THE FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION (FTC) ISSUED NEW RULES THAT WENT INTO EFFECT ON DECEMBER 1, 2009. THESE RULES STATE THAT PRODUCT REVIEWERS ON BLOGS MUST DISCLOSE WHETHER THEY RECEIVED REVIEW PRODUCTS FOR FREE OR RECEIVED MONETARY PAYMENT FOR SUCH REVIEWS. PAYMENT IS NEVER ACCEPTED IN EXCHANGE FOR A REVIEW OR BOOK MENTION UNLESS NOTED IN THE POST. THE RECEIPT OF ARCS OR FREE REVIEW COPIES IN NO WAY INFLUENCES OR HAS AN IMPACT ON THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED IN THE BOOK REVIEWS POSTED ON THIS SITE.