Sunday, November 27, 2011

Book Review - Breaking the Rules - Suzanne Brockmann


Title:  Breaking the Rules


Review:  I’ve read every book in this series now and I think I can say that this one is not one of my favorites.  Not much SEAL stuff in this one, lots and lots and lots and lots of dialogue and touchy feely mush.  She left in the sharp language that Dan and Izzy are known for, but she took too much of their other good qualities out to make them insecure and nauseating to listen to.  I miss the rough guys who fall in love, but don’t discuss their feelings with each other.  Maybe I’m exaggerating a bit, but I was extremely disappointed in this book, I requested it at the library before it was released and waited impatiently to read it and for what?

Maybe it is a good idea she closes out this series, because it is going downhill fast.  If you enjoyed the rest of the Troubleshooters series, and I recommend it to anyone reading military romance, thriller, suspense filled books, then you may want to read this to keep up with the happenings in the characters lives.


I not sure what I hoped to get from this book, but I didn’t get anything more than a few wasted days reading, but maybe my tastes have changed.  I just didn't like some of the way the characters reacted, it seemed out of character for them.   Some of the story was heartbreaking and yet you could see how characters from other books were coming to help.  Brockmann does a great job of bringing characters back from other books.  I will miss this series, but even if she writes more I may be finished after reading this one.   I would have reviewed it earlier, but I just kept pushing its scheduled date back for other books.

Publisher: Published March 22nd 2011 by Ballantine Books

ISBN: 0345521226

Copyright: 2010

Pages: 507

Quick Review: 2 1/2 stars (out of 5)

Why I Read It: I’ve read the other 15 books in the Troubleshooters series.

Where I Obtained the Book: From my local library.

Synopsis:  Sometime in the not too distant past, the once torrid romance between Eden Gillman and her Navy SEAL husband Izzy Zanella took a drastic cooling turn. Both seem permanently wedded to mutual disdain, but then something happens that changes the chemistry: Eden discovers that her younger brother Ben is the victim of abuse by his stepfather. To rescue him from the tyrant's custody, she knows that she must reconstruct her tattered relationship with the man that she had most cherished. What she doesn't yet realize is the full saving strength of that lovers' reunion.


Author Biography:  Suzanne Brockmann is the author of nearly 50 romance and romantic suspense novels, including her wildly popular 15-books-and-counting Troubleshooters series. She also wrote the popular Tall, Dark & Dangerous series for Silhouette Intimate Moments.

In her free time she likes to sing and do volunteer work. She is a proud member of PFLAG (Parents, Families and Friends of Lesbians and Gays) as well as many other equality groups.

She is married to published author Ed Gaffney.

Other Reviews:



1 comment:

  1. loved it. I felt like I had to wait forever for Izzy and Eden's story, and this was a great mix of them and Dan, and Jenni. I had a feeling this was gonna be the last in the series, but Suzanne did not disappoint. I love the action, and all the scenerios surrounding the romance. I loved the way Izzy and Eden got it together. Thank you for not letting me down. This series is one of my three collections. When I cant find a new good new book I just go back to these. Love you SB.

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer for all reviews sent by the publisher, publicist or author for review.

THE FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION (FTC) ISSUED NEW RULES THAT WENT INTO EFFECT ON DECEMBER 1, 2009. THESE RULES STATE THAT PRODUCT REVIEWERS ON BLOGS MUST DISCLOSE WHETHER THEY RECEIVED REVIEW PRODUCTS FOR FREE OR RECEIVED MONETARY PAYMENT FOR SUCH REVIEWS. PAYMENT IS NEVER ACCEPTED IN EXCHANGE FOR A REVIEW OR BOOK MENTION UNLESS NOTED IN THE POST. THE RECEIPT OF ARCS OR FREE REVIEW COPIES IN NO WAY INFLUENCES OR HAS AN IMPACT ON THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED IN THE BOOK REVIEWS POSTED ON THIS SITE.