Thursday, July 28, 2011

Book Review - Between the Land and the Sea - Derrolyn Anderson


Title: Between the Land and the Sea (Marina’s Tale 1)


Review:  The characters were likeable and sweet, I loved the relationship between Evie and Marina.  Marina’s father is a bit vague since he is not really in the book much.  Being spoiled is a fun thing to think about and the cars she gets to drive are incredible.   The most popular boy in school is interested in her and who wouldn’t love that?  This is a great book for teen girls, great things to think about for their futures and Marina’s.  College, jobs, plans for when and where and how…growing up and facing truths about her life and maybe even yours as you read this book.

The part I didn’t love and why I only gave it 3 stars, was that the book took a bit to get started and then once it did it was slower then I would have liked.  The story is interesting and kept my attention most of the time, but I did put it down quite a lot.  I read a few other books while I was reading this one.

This is the first in a series and I would imagine that the writing gets better and tighter as the series progresses.  If you like paranormal tales and this is about mermaids, then you will enjoy this book.

Publisher: April 1st 2011 by Derrolyn Anderson

ISBN: 0012379514

Copyright: 2011

Pages: Kindle Edition

Quick Review: 3 stars (out of 5)

Why I Read It: The author was looking for reviewers and the story looked interesting.

Where I Obtained the Book: From the Author.

Synopsis:  Something extraordinary is lurking in the deep ocean waters off the coast of Aptos, California. Just a few weeks after moving to the beach town, sixteen year old Marina has nearly drowned twice, enchanted the hottest guy in high school, and discovered a supernatural creature. If she can only manage to survive her dangerous encounters with unpredictable mermaids, she might just be able to uncover the mystery of her past and learn how to appease the mysterious forces that seem to want something from her... and maybe even find true love along the way.

Author Biography: I have always been a reader, but it wasn't until the summer of 2010 that I began writing in earnest. The series "Marina's Tales" is the result of my latest obsession, and something of a love letter to my former home by the sea. I've found writing to be one of the most challenging yet fully entertaining things I've ever done, and I look forward to telling many more tales in the years to come.

The third installment, "The Fate Of The Muse", will be available by the end of the summer, 2011.

Other Reviews:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer for all reviews sent by the publisher, publicist or author for review.

THE FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION (FTC) ISSUED NEW RULES THAT WENT INTO EFFECT ON DECEMBER 1, 2009. THESE RULES STATE THAT PRODUCT REVIEWERS ON BLOGS MUST DISCLOSE WHETHER THEY RECEIVED REVIEW PRODUCTS FOR FREE OR RECEIVED MONETARY PAYMENT FOR SUCH REVIEWS. PAYMENT IS NEVER ACCEPTED IN EXCHANGE FOR A REVIEW OR BOOK MENTION UNLESS NOTED IN THE POST. THE RECEIPT OF ARCS OR FREE REVIEW COPIES IN NO WAY INFLUENCES OR HAS AN IMPACT ON THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED IN THE BOOK REVIEWS POSTED ON THIS SITE.