Monday, June 6, 2011

Book Review - Mocked By Destiny - Michele Richard


Title:      Mocked By Destiny

Author:   Michele Richard

Review:  The author sent me the Kindle version of this book and I read it quickly.  It kept my attention and it was interesting.  Stella is a character you will like along with many other characters.  The start of the book was sad and yet it offered hope for the future.  As the story progressed I found some characters I really wanted to hate.

I felt the story was a bit sappy at times, too many ‘I love you’ kisses and hugs.  Stella needed this in her life, but the way everything happened was a bit to contrive.  I think that if Stella had fallen out of an airplane, someone would be down there to catch her.  The connection of the characters to each other was a big push for me to believe.  The story was a sweet love story, but some of the stuff just was too simple and perfect to really happen to anyone.  I didn't like that Stella kept leaving I did not understand that.  She feared others leaving so she left first and yet I really didn't get that part at all.

This is a sweet book that anyone would enjoy as long as they don’t over think it.  Most of this would take a miracle in happen in real life.  I think that teen age girls would really identify with this book.  Teen pregnancy is a sad event and I think that the author does a good job of not making it look glamorous, remember there are not many Stefan's out there in the real world.

Publisher:  Published February 24th 2011 by The Writer's Coffee Shop Publishing House

Copyright: 2011


ISBN: 9781612130

Quick Review:  3 Stars out of 5. 

Why I Read it:  The author was looking for reviewers and the book interested me.

Where I Obtained the Book:  Sent by the author.

Synopsis:  For Stella Richards, life in the charming town of Virginia Beach is not as magical as one would think. Sun, fun, and sand only guarantee one thing, unwanted visitors. Stella learned long ago to never befriend anyone visiting the beach. They're here; then they're gone, drifting in and out as the tide ebbs and flows. She vowed to never connect with anyone vacationing in Virgina Beach - until spring break. Stefan changed everything.

Stefan Sterling lives life never knowing where he will end up next. Bouncing from one Military base to another has hampered his ability to connect to those around him. That's what happens when your father is a high-ranking officer in the military. Raised in a world of discipline, control, and strangers, Stefan never expected to find anyone he'd want to be close to...let alone love.

A family curse verses a loving abnormality promises to keep Stella and Stefan on their toes. Was it an accident or could it be destiny? Will they be able to survive their families? And, is there ever a time when you can fully let go of the person who awoke your soul?

A story of love, sacrifice, and growing up before it's time.

Author Biography:  Michele Richard is the proud mother of 2 daughters. Married since 1997 to a wonderful husband, who for 25 years has been her best friend and supporter. Being an overly creative and caring person, she has been a volunteer co-leader for the Girl Scout Troop for five years. She takes great pride in teaching and guiding our future generations.

Her desire to continue her education drove her to attend night classes at Waltham High School. She refuse to just let life be. There is too much to learn than to stand by and watch it go by. Though she is not fluent yet in either, she has learned to speak French and Spanish in school. One day her dream is to be fluent in both.

”I supposed that makes me a lover of languages. Never stop learning is my motto.”

Travel is one of her great passions. Having seen the beaches of the Bahama’s, Aruba and Mexico to the deserts of Utah and Arizona, her personal favorite was bicycling down Mount Vail and standing on top of the Intercontinental Divide, followed closely by the Grand Canyon.

“America is truly a beautiful place to see. I recommend seeing as much of it as you can.”

I started writing with a flawed theory that a manuscript need to be complete and perfect before anyone would even want to read it, never mind publish it. the first thing I learned was it took a whole team of people to make a novel.

Most readers never appreciate the number of people that work on a single book for print. People I have a great amount of respect for.

That being said, I started my adventure by submitting three stories into a four genre contest. As it would have it, they wanted my Young Adult story, the pre-order for this novel began on Jan. 25, 2011.

Other Reviews:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer for all reviews sent by the publisher, publicist or author for review.

THE FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION (FTC) ISSUED NEW RULES THAT WENT INTO EFFECT ON DECEMBER 1, 2009. THESE RULES STATE THAT PRODUCT REVIEWERS ON BLOGS MUST DISCLOSE WHETHER THEY RECEIVED REVIEW PRODUCTS FOR FREE OR RECEIVED MONETARY PAYMENT FOR SUCH REVIEWS. PAYMENT IS NEVER ACCEPTED IN EXCHANGE FOR A REVIEW OR BOOK MENTION UNLESS NOTED IN THE POST. THE RECEIPT OF ARCS OR FREE REVIEW COPIES IN NO WAY INFLUENCES OR HAS AN IMPACT ON THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED IN THE BOOK REVIEWS POSTED ON THIS SITE.