Monday, February 6, 2017

Life is one Heck of an Adventure

This is piggy back on where is the longest place you have ever lived. Where have you traveled
Sedona almost everyone that hikes this trail takes this same picture.

I grew up in a small town (21,000) or at least that is what I told myself until I went to college in an even smaller town (10,000).  Most of my friends had never been on a air plane, most had never left the Midwestern states.  When I would talk about my summer vacations going to Boston I didn't think much about it because that was our vacations. Boston, DC, NYC, Utah, Yellowstone, and the list goes on from there.
My parents loved vacations and they would plan almost a year in advance to take me and my 2 brothers and 4 sisters on a grand adventure.

As a little girl we went into the slums of Boston because that is where all the cemeteries where and my mother loved her genealogy and finding out where we came from. (The Dead Do Not Talk Back)

I spent many summers climbing into cemeteries and rubbing stones to see if we could find birth and death dates. I have some really crazy stories if you ever want to hear them but lets just say a Brick Wall or locked gate didn't stop this family from finding their family.

I fell in love with Washington D.C and the beauty of the trees, parks and endless memorials.  Chicago  Art museums, Portland children's science museum, walking though small towns craft shows and the endless China Towns in many different cities in the US.  Ok and let not forget the many times someone was pull for for speeding. (We all have lead foots)

My mom would get in the car and ask where do you want to go? Once while driving with my little ones. My mother and I  stopped at a gas station off of I -5 looked at a road we knew headed towards the mountains/Ocean. We looked at each other and turned onto the road. The road up being better scenery than I-5 we saw many different farm, orchids and towns. As well as being stuck behind very slow moving farm trucks and tractors.

I always love an adventures and not know where were we headed because it wasn't always the place we are trying to get to .  It is the car filled with people you love, sometimes love and down right wanted to punch many times.

My husband and I when we are able to travel alone we try and pick a road headed in the general direction we want to go.  Thankful GPS will keep us from getting to lost but still we are able to have grand adventures.  sometimes we want to head south but the road takes us east. Otherwise we are headed north and end up going west.

I am beyond blessed to be able to travel.  Even when money is tight and believe me it is with 4 kids and the dentist we still find time in our towns to find the little adventure.  Taking a road and seeing where it goes or walk in a different direction than normal just to see what is beyond that road.

Find Adventure. Push yourself out of your comfort zone and believe me you will be surprised at all you can accomplish.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer for all reviews sent by the publisher, publicist or author for review.

THE FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION (FTC) ISSUED NEW RULES THAT WENT INTO EFFECT ON DECEMBER 1, 2009. THESE RULES STATE THAT PRODUCT REVIEWERS ON BLOGS MUST DISCLOSE WHETHER THEY RECEIVED REVIEW PRODUCTS FOR FREE OR RECEIVED MONETARY PAYMENT FOR SUCH REVIEWS. PAYMENT IS NEVER ACCEPTED IN EXCHANGE FOR A REVIEW OR BOOK MENTION UNLESS NOTED IN THE POST. THE RECEIPT OF ARCS OR FREE REVIEW COPIES IN NO WAY INFLUENCES OR HAS AN IMPACT ON THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED IN THE BOOK REVIEWS POSTED ON THIS SITE.