Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Book Review Getting Schooled (The Wright Brothers #1) By Christina C. Jones

Getting Schooled (The Wright Brothers, #1)
Title: Getting Schooled (The Wright Brothers #1)

 Author: Christina C. Jones

Stars: 4 out of 5

Review:
A modern day love story between two people who ignite through personality clashes. Both know what they want and finally achieve that mutual goal. I enjoyed the book but had some problems with the street language (idioms) which was geared for a black audience. It did not distract from the story being put forth. However, I must include a warning that if you are offended by coarse language this is a book you may want to pass on.

I rated this book 4 stars.

I obtained this book from Amazon in Kindle format.


Synopsis: 
When 26 year old Reese accepts a position as a grad assistant, she has no idea an unpleasant encounter with a student will lead to the discovery of what she calls “the trifecta”: fine, intellectual, and a little bit rude – three qualities she finds irresistible in a man. She has no intention of doing anything with that discovery – nothing long term, at least. But everybody knows what happens to best laid plans. 
Jason is a grown man. 28 years old, seasoned and scarred by his real-life experience in the world, he’s at Blakewood State University to finish his degree and move on. The last thing he’s interested in is the female population on campus… but sexy, infuriating Reese might be a notable exception. 
This isn’t a story of opposites attract. 
More like counterparts clash. 
Neither of them is afraid to do battle, and neither is willing to back down. Love and war, win or lose… somebody’s gonna end up getting schooled. 


Kindle Edition173 pages
Published January 11th 2016 by Warm Hues Publishing

Abut the Author: 
Christina C. Jones
Right now, up at 6am for some inexplicably reason, I’m updating my bio, because the last time I did, I put down that I was 23. That was four years and many, many major life changes ago.
You can do math, so you don’t need me to tell you that I’m 27 now. I’m still happily hanging in there with the hubs, and we’ll celebrate six years of marriage this year! He’ll turn thirty this year in October, Isabella will be five in December, and the newbie, Zoe, will turn two, also in October. Also, not such a newbie anymore huh?
At the time of this writing, I am an (obviously) non-traditional college student, soon to be two-time drop out, and I am perfectly happy to say that. Because that’s not the most important thing. I’m also a graphic designer (that link to Visual Luxe at the top is related) and  lightly seasoned self-published author, with five books under my belt. But again, none of those are the most important things.
That title belongs to me. Yep. Just me. Plain old Christina. I am an imperfect Christian, fiercely loyal friend, and a woman still figuring herself out. I eat too much, work out too little, and spend too much time chastising myself for both. I work hard, and I barely sleep, but it’s worth it to one day be at a place where my girls can look up to me for more than just my (impeccable) party decorating skills.
I’m a procrastinator, and a private shit-talker, and listen, I serve a ol’ nasty resting bitch-face, OK? I won’t give you the shirt off my back, but I’ll find you a cute one and get it for you, because we both need shirts, right? #random.
So anyway, that’s me. I’m Christina. Hi.

Website:
http://www.beingmrsjones.com/

Twitter:

beingmrsjones

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer for all reviews sent by the publisher, publicist or author for review.

THE FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION (FTC) ISSUED NEW RULES THAT WENT INTO EFFECT ON DECEMBER 1, 2009. THESE RULES STATE THAT PRODUCT REVIEWERS ON BLOGS MUST DISCLOSE WHETHER THEY RECEIVED REVIEW PRODUCTS FOR FREE OR RECEIVED MONETARY PAYMENT FOR SUCH REVIEWS. PAYMENT IS NEVER ACCEPTED IN EXCHANGE FOR A REVIEW OR BOOK MENTION UNLESS NOTED IN THE POST. THE RECEIPT OF ARCS OR FREE REVIEW COPIES IN NO WAY INFLUENCES OR HAS AN IMPACT ON THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED IN THE BOOK REVIEWS POSTED ON THIS SITE.