Monday, January 30, 2017

Where is the longest place you have lived?

I was looking at the calendar trying to figure out where to put a missing doctors appointment in between all the other crazy parts of my life and I realized I have lived in Arizona going on 16 years.
16 year! Besides my home town of Austin Mn Aka Spam Town USA this the longest place I have ever lived in my life.

I honestly don't know what to say or think but I hope I can call myself an Arizonian now.  I never really liked the cold, snow and endless days without sun but I can say I never thought I would be living in Arizona.

I was a lost 21 year old who didn't have any idea where she was going in life when my twin cousin called me up and asked me to come play in Arizona with his wife. Both were going to ASU at the time and I figured what could it hurt.  I had just bought my first car without any help from my parents.  I packed my car drove down to New Orleans and took I 10 until I reached my cousin apartment near ASU.
Image result for arizona sunsetImage result for arizona  summer
(Gotta Love the Haboob  Again Not my picture but many like it)

Those first few months I had been smart and save before I quite my security job with Hormel.  Yes laugh all you want but people loved me smiling and waving them into the Corporate offices. I was a cute kid with a big smile.

 One I arrived in Arizona I think I had ever odd job you can think of and some I kept wondering if they were legal sometimes. I found a place to rent with several other girls and some how stayed two years before meeting my future husband and best friend.

I gave myself 3 months and than I was going to move to Utah to be with my sisters or California to live with my grandparents until I figure out what I was going to do.  My wise younger sister gave me some advice I still use to this day.  "You can't live somewhere 3 months. All you see is the worst of it and than leave. Give yourself 1 year and if you still hate it move on."
Not My Photo! But I have may like it.
As you can see I haven't moved on.  I found the beauty in Arizona, the desert sunsets, the amazing winters, unbelievable hiking, 4 hours from the beach, 2 hours from ski resorts, and endless blue skies.  Best part is I on;y wear a jacket maybe one month out of the year and flip flops all year around.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer for all reviews sent by the publisher, publicist or author for review.

THE FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION (FTC) ISSUED NEW RULES THAT WENT INTO EFFECT ON DECEMBER 1, 2009. THESE RULES STATE THAT PRODUCT REVIEWERS ON BLOGS MUST DISCLOSE WHETHER THEY RECEIVED REVIEW PRODUCTS FOR FREE OR RECEIVED MONETARY PAYMENT FOR SUCH REVIEWS. PAYMENT IS NEVER ACCEPTED IN EXCHANGE FOR A REVIEW OR BOOK MENTION UNLESS NOTED IN THE POST. THE RECEIPT OF ARCS OR FREE REVIEW COPIES IN NO WAY INFLUENCES OR HAS AN IMPACT ON THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED IN THE BOOK REVIEWS POSTED ON THIS SITE.