Monday, November 28, 2016

Motherhood I can Break it Or I can Fix it it will still cost the same

Image result for Too much laundry
The other day my washer stopped working and if you are a parent and you have more than one kid well its the most terrifying thing in the world. Not to mention it happened at the beginning of cold and flu season.
Image result for Broken Washing machine
I called Whirlpool and nothing against them they were great.  Gave me tons of ideas before suggesting I set up a service call.  The person on the other end said "I will warn you if it what I think it might be it will cast between 300-600$ to fix. You can buy the same Machine for $399. Maybe cheaper at the outlet."
I thanked the person and stared at my washer. 300-600$ to fix my 8 year old washer.  All I kept thinking was well there goes my Christmas again to appliances.

When did life become so much easier if we just throw it out than have it fixed? 

 I took the mans advice and I started to hunt for what I thought was wrong with my machine.  I knew that the machine wasn't what I call mixing the clothing no matter what the bright flashing light kept saying (WHICH WAS SD too man suds.)

I pulled up a YouTube video on who to take part the agitator of my washing machine.

I LOVE YOUTUBE! 

I looked down and thought I have two options I can break it and buy a new machine or I can fix it and save us 300-600$.

2 hours the first day just trying to make sure I understood everything that needed to be done while my 3 year old hung on my legs.

The next day I spent another two hours pulled apart the agitator.  I ended up needing help from my husband because my shoulders are bad and I couldn't get the nuts to let go. Once we got it off oh my gosh we both almost threw up!  CLEAN YOUR WASHERS!! Its so gross 8 years of mud, dirt and everything else on your clothing builds up.  Once it was clean we put it back together hoping it was that simple of a fix.  NOPE!

We took it apart again and found the piece in the video suggest and it was warn out.  it was an 18$ dollar part that was going to cost us 300$ to get fixed.  A week later the part arrived and we fixed the machine.  At first it gave up the SD flashing lights.  I put my hand over my wash and prayed.  Yup I prayed to God to please tell me how to make the machine work because my axnity was so high and i needed a win.  I had two sickie in my house with strep I needed a win.
I follow the instruction once again to clean out the machine and it worked.  I yes I think God helped me if you were wondering.
Image result for broken sewing machine
All while this was going on I have a sewing machine that hasn't worked in a year. I was told because I hadn't had it cleaned and turned in 13 years it would cost about 125$. I can buy a really nice new one at that price. I didn't want to go hunting for a new machine.  I just wanted to fix mine.  So I tried watching YouTube videos but not one made since.  I started to take it apart making sure I had everything where I could reach it.  Again my 3 year old wanted to sit on my lap but after he touch the needle one to many time he decided he was done and went off to play. 4 hours later my machine started to work once again.  It was a simple fix and I figure out how to fix the tension too.  I couldn't believe it!  I was so proud of myself!  I used to sew clothing as a kid and make my summer shorts, skirts and tee shirts to run around in. I wanted to try again.
My mother in law passed away a few years ago before she got sick she had been teaching me how to sew again.  She bought me everything I needed but did she know she bought me what I needed to fix my machine myself? The oils, small screw drivers, and her laugh. I could hear her laugh as I would have to take apart the same area once again to fix the tension.  She was with me.  Now I just pray she will be with me when I try to sew a skirt.

Lesson for parents who stay at home or work work.  If you have time Fix it yourself it will make you feel amazing that you can accomplish something and it will same you a ton of money.

Go out a fix what you can God gave you a beautiful brain use it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer for all reviews sent by the publisher, publicist or author for review.

THE FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION (FTC) ISSUED NEW RULES THAT WENT INTO EFFECT ON DECEMBER 1, 2009. THESE RULES STATE THAT PRODUCT REVIEWERS ON BLOGS MUST DISCLOSE WHETHER THEY RECEIVED REVIEW PRODUCTS FOR FREE OR RECEIVED MONETARY PAYMENT FOR SUCH REVIEWS. PAYMENT IS NEVER ACCEPTED IN EXCHANGE FOR A REVIEW OR BOOK MENTION UNLESS NOTED IN THE POST. THE RECEIPT OF ARCS OR FREE REVIEW COPIES IN NO WAY INFLUENCES OR HAS AN IMPACT ON THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED IN THE BOOK REVIEWS POSTED ON THIS SITE.