Monday, August 15, 2016

Motherhood Monday Car Seat Install the New Olympic sport

The last few days I have been putting my 3 year old in his car seat and he complains it is too tight.As I push, twist and try hard to put those belts together my toddler is crying as I pinch his legs once again.
 My heart aches as he cries. "My momma hurt me." It doesn't matter if it is kid 1 or kid 4 no Momma wants to hear that ever.

Today I decided I was going to loosen up those straps just enough so I won't pinch those tiny legs. 

  They make it look so easy in the book. Set car seat into the sit, take these clamps and put them into the hooks buried in the seats, tighten until the seat no longer is able to move. Take the long strap in the back of the seat and anchor down into the back of the seat. Easy.  Look she isn't even sweating and she has a big smile! EASY!

WRONG!


After taking the seat out to fix the straps I try to put it back in.  Setting down in the bench seat. Easy. Finding those hidden hooks as I put one knee in the car seat and push down. Hard but I can do it.  Now for the other side. Not so easy I now need both knees to push the car seat down into place. My head is hitting the ceiling of the car. My toddler is running around the garage asking me when I was going to get done. I think? That or he was asking to watch something on TV. I finally find the small anchor and push the hook in.
"Momma don't hurt my seat!"  My toddler is yelling over and over again as I am trying to fix the seat.   

I try hard not to get upset and yell back that I am not hurting the seat but the seat is hurting my knees, back, arms and hands.
 I start to pull on the strap to tighten the anchors down but nothing moves moving.  I start to tug a little harder but nothing. I am now put all 125lbs into the car seat pulling as harder and harder to get the straps to the anchor to tighten as I can to get the strap to move but nothing. (Did you think I forgot about the little button you pushing down to get the belt to move?) No. I am pulling with all my might and nothing is moving.



Once again my toddler is shouting "Mom don't hut my seat." Finally I get it tight enough (But not where it should be) and I add the car seat belt threading it though the carseat.  My hands are getting scratched from the plastic that has taken a beating over the few years we have had the seat. Finally it is all in and I put the last anchor in place.  BAM!

I sit back just and realized I worked out harder than I did with my cardio this morning and my heart was up to 165 beats per min during the work out. CarSeat workout 185 beats Per Min.

As I climb out I realize the seat moved with my knees. AHHH. I decided he will survive the short ride to the Fire Station where they can tighten the seat for me.

The new Olympic sport install carseat with your child telling over and over at your because they need something.

Oh I forget to dump the seat out of all the goldfish.

#Parenthood isn't it grand!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer for all reviews sent by the publisher, publicist or author for review.

THE FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION (FTC) ISSUED NEW RULES THAT WENT INTO EFFECT ON DECEMBER 1, 2009. THESE RULES STATE THAT PRODUCT REVIEWERS ON BLOGS MUST DISCLOSE WHETHER THEY RECEIVED REVIEW PRODUCTS FOR FREE OR RECEIVED MONETARY PAYMENT FOR SUCH REVIEWS. PAYMENT IS NEVER ACCEPTED IN EXCHANGE FOR A REVIEW OR BOOK MENTION UNLESS NOTED IN THE POST. THE RECEIPT OF ARCS OR FREE REVIEW COPIES IN NO WAY INFLUENCES OR HAS AN IMPACT ON THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED IN THE BOOK REVIEWS POSTED ON THIS SITE.