Friday, August 17, 2012

Book Review - The Secret Life of Copernicus Stringfellow: Surreptitious SUPERHERO - Lorin Barber


The Secret Life of Copernicus H. Stringfellow: Surreptitious Superhero
Title: The Secret Life of Copernicus H Stringfellow

Author:  LorinBarber

Review: I just finished this book yesterday on the way home from St Louis and I was sad to see it end.  It was funny, thoughtful, loving and just plain full of laughs.  After a nine hour trip to St Louis to spend a day and a nine hour trip back I needed some “twinkies.”

Copernicus H Stringfellow is a good Samaritan, who has lots of money and loves to give it away to those in need.  Example I can give without spoiling the book, he is giving a ride to a hitch hiker when the guy pulls a gun on him.  He knows the kids is young and doesn’t realize the trouble he is in so he does some interesting things to talk him out of it- gives him a fistful of $100 bills and sends him on his way.   Also, he buys a house in a rundown neighborhood and spends a fortune to buy it, let alone fix it up and then works in the neighborhood to help them fix up also.

The book has a lesson to teach and it is taught well.  "Do unto others as you would have others do unto you"!   This book is well written although at times I got a bit bogged down in a little too much detail especially near the end of the book, which reminds me I never saw those two endings coming I can tell you that!

So if you want a good clean read with lots of fun and a surprise ending or two, this is your book.

I would love another book similar to this!  I am giving this book a 5 for all around fun!

PS My husband is now reading it and he laughing out loud, very annoying I must say- I am sure I didn't do that!!

Thanks to Eileen for this review.

My Husbands review off of Amazon:

My wife is a book reviewer. As she read the book kept commenting "you will love this book", laughed and would say things like "I didn't see that coming." or "I don't think that added to the book." But in the end told me I would love the book. I had a really hard time putting the book down as I was laughing so much. I finished this book in record time and with so much laughter. I imagine Lorin Barber must be a fun person to be around with so much humor in one book.

There are times you wonder why is this in the book and did it really matter but I really don't care as it was a fun book to read and you can't help but feel better after laughing so much.

Publisher: Published March 13th 2012 by Sweetwater Books
ISBN: 9781599559292
Copyright: 2012 
Pages: 293
Quick Review: 5 stars out of 5 
Where I Obtained the Book: Sent to me by the author for review 

Synopsis:  Copernicus H. Stringfellow, a.k.a. Nick, is not your run-of-the-mill genius. His mind is so powerful it can stop a speeding automobile or stem internal bleeding. As Nick goes about quietly doing good, he discovers that his powers are greatly enhanced by the nutrients present in Twinkies. Follow Nick on his amazing adventures in this humorous and exciting action-packed book for all ages.

Lorin K. Barber
Author Biography:  I have 6 children, 1 wife and 8 grandchildren. I spent most of my adult life as a manufacturing executive. I've been to 45 states and 19 foreign countries. With the loss of a business in the bad economy I'm trying to turn a hobby of writing into a new career.

Other Reviews: 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer for all reviews sent by the publisher, publicist or author for review.

THE FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION (FTC) ISSUED NEW RULES THAT WENT INTO EFFECT ON DECEMBER 1, 2009. THESE RULES STATE THAT PRODUCT REVIEWERS ON BLOGS MUST DISCLOSE WHETHER THEY RECEIVED REVIEW PRODUCTS FOR FREE OR RECEIVED MONETARY PAYMENT FOR SUCH REVIEWS. PAYMENT IS NEVER ACCEPTED IN EXCHANGE FOR A REVIEW OR BOOK MENTION UNLESS NOTED IN THE POST. THE RECEIPT OF ARCS OR FREE REVIEW COPIES IN NO WAY INFLUENCES OR HAS AN IMPACT ON THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED IN THE BOOK REVIEWS POSTED ON THIS SITE.