Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Book Tour - Book Review - The Mistress's Revenge - Tamar Cohen


Title:      The Mistress’s Revenge

Author:  Tamar Cohen

Review:  I started this book and then immediately did not like the way it was written.  It reminded me of how someone talks when they do not want to be interrupted or answered: they just want you to listen to their woes.  Their talking is annoying and self satisfying only, that is the kind of individual that I would not choose to be friends with for any length of time.  But, as I read further the writing annoyed me less and less.  I realized it was letters she was writing, but come on it was annoying.

*Spoiler Alert *  The story itself was depressing and sad, how many lives were damaged by this affair?  I realize that Sally had a mental breakdown and that is what was ruining her life and those lives around her, but Clive was no better.  Clive had had countless affairs and broken many hearts, thank heaven one finally caught up with him.  How much damage can one person do?

The families that were hurt made me sad, I didn’t care for the story and the problems Sally encountered.  She was her own worst enemy.  Fatal attraction was never one of my favorite movies so I’m not surprised I didn’t really care for this book.  Like I said before, the writing turned me off at the start but improved with time.  I did find it interesting how easy it would be to stalk someone now days with all the social networking we all do.

Revenge is a dish best served cold, or so I’ve heard and Sally is quite cold in this book.

Publisher:  Published June 7th 2011 by Free Press

Copyright: 2011

Pages:  224 pages

ISBN:  1451632827

Quick Review:  3 Stars out of 5. 

Why I Read it:  Free Press was looking for book bloggers to read and review this book.

Where I Obtained the Book:  Sent by Free Press.

Synopsis:  There’s a fine line between love and hate.


For five years, Sally and Clive have been lost in a passionate affair. Now he has dumped her to devote himself to his wife and family, and Sally is left in freefall.

It starts with a casual stroll past his house, and popping into the brasserie where his son works. Then Sally starts following Clive’s wife and daughter on Facebook. But that’s alright, isn’t it? These are perfectly normal things to do. Aren’t they?

Not since Fatal Attraction has the fallout from an illicit affair been exposed in such a sharp, darkly funny, and disturbing way: The Mistress’s Revenge is a truly exciting fiction debut. After all, who doesn’t know an otherwise sane woman who has gone a little crazy when her heart was broken?

Author Biography: Tamar Cohen is a freelance journalist who lives in London with her partner and three teenage children. The Mistress's Revenge is her first novel.

Other Reviews:







1 comment:

  1. I won an ARC of this book..... I'm excited and apprehensive about reading it though. I'm thinking it'll be a good "in between" books read. :) thanks for the review!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer for all reviews sent by the publisher, publicist or author for review.

THE FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION (FTC) ISSUED NEW RULES THAT WENT INTO EFFECT ON DECEMBER 1, 2009. THESE RULES STATE THAT PRODUCT REVIEWERS ON BLOGS MUST DISCLOSE WHETHER THEY RECEIVED REVIEW PRODUCTS FOR FREE OR RECEIVED MONETARY PAYMENT FOR SUCH REVIEWS. PAYMENT IS NEVER ACCEPTED IN EXCHANGE FOR A REVIEW OR BOOK MENTION UNLESS NOTED IN THE POST. THE RECEIPT OF ARCS OR FREE REVIEW COPIES IN NO WAY INFLUENCES OR HAS AN IMPACT ON THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED IN THE BOOK REVIEWS POSTED ON THIS SITE.