Monday, February 8, 2016

Monday Motherhood

As I have been reflecting how  to make the blog a little more fun I decided to start Monday off with a bang.
  Life as a mom isn't easy and if you think so than you are not a mom.
When I first became pregnant I had everything figured out and how perfect my children would be. Than number 1 was born and I soon learned quickly I wasn't in control of anything. If I got two hour of sleep during the first year of life I was excited. I still question how we made it to his second birthday sane. (It is still in question.)
As I am blogging, reviewing books I hear my kids talking in the other room playing Minecraft. Yes we came to the darkside and no matter how hard we try to leave we are here forever.

Converation between number 1 (9 years old) and number 2 (7 year old).
Number 1: "Listen I want a fish for a pet."
Number 2: "Cool catch me a fish and I will name him Ivy but than I guess that would be a girl."
Number 1: "Thats a good name."
They keep playing talking about the best way at catch a fish and now they love nature.
SCREAM and I leave my compture to see what horrible thing has happened. I find number 2 on the floor crying and I look at number 1 and ask what happened.
 Number 2: "He ate Ivy. I named my fish which means we can't eat it. Remember mom's rule we do not name things we eat otherwise they become real!"
I take Number 1 aside. "Listen catch her another fish and re name it Ivy. Please.
Number 1: "Fine mom!" As number turns back to the game we see one of number 1's dogs is missing. "What did you do?"
Number 2: "You killed and ate my fish. So I killed and ate your dog."

Yup I left the room and simple asked them to work out the problem on their own.  Honestly not sure what to think other than I need to explian we do not live by the rule An Eye for an Eye.

Next week the terror of the modern Toddler and all the havoc two little hands can create.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer for all reviews sent by the publisher, publicist or author for review.

THE FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION (FTC) ISSUED NEW RULES THAT WENT INTO EFFECT ON DECEMBER 1, 2009. THESE RULES STATE THAT PRODUCT REVIEWERS ON BLOGS MUST DISCLOSE WHETHER THEY RECEIVED REVIEW PRODUCTS FOR FREE OR RECEIVED MONETARY PAYMENT FOR SUCH REVIEWS. PAYMENT IS NEVER ACCEPTED IN EXCHANGE FOR A REVIEW OR BOOK MENTION UNLESS NOTED IN THE POST. THE RECEIPT OF ARCS OR FREE REVIEW COPIES IN NO WAY INFLUENCES OR HAS AN IMPACT ON THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED IN THE BOOK REVIEWS POSTED ON THIS SITE.