Monday, March 10, 2014

Things We Love Review - Laminators - YEAH!!! The one I have is the Purple Cow


Item:  Purple Cow Laminator Hot/Cold
Manufacturer: Purple Cow
Review:   First I have to say that I am not big on instructions I just pull the new item out of the box and investigate it.  Well with this laminator I should have read the instructions – oh well – I put the paper in the wrong end and gave it a shove waiting for it to be grabbed – I gave it another shove and it grabbed on and started to pull the paper through but it didn’t come back out- so now I read the instructions and realize my mistake and the item I was laminating is now stuck in the machine and I cannot reach it with my fingers.  I am at my parent’s house playing with my new toy so I call my dad to get a screw driver and help me figure out how to get the paper out.  We take the machine apart – I do not suggest this unless you have to of course.  We get the cover off and the paper covered in the laminator pouch is wound around the rollers – 2 of them – and stuck pretty tight- we wiggle the anti-lock brake on the cover and very slowly the rollers are hot to touch – we loosen their grip and unwind the mess I made.  Well we let it cool and put it all back together.  I plugged it back in and turned it on letting it warm as I read the instructions and I placed another pouch in the correct side and let it catch – it pulled through and came out beautifully laminated.  YEAH!!!!  I laminated 4 more sheets before turning the machine off.

I have used this machine on 5 more items and they come out great every time.  Now I am not sure how long it will last- I paid a whole 19.99 with free shipping at Amazon so I think I have gotten my money’s worth already with what I have laminated so far – laminating at an office store is pricy.   The laminator came with 100 pouches in various sizes in the 3 mil and I love the way the finished product looks – I am laminating math center games for 2nd graders to use and they need to be strong to hold up to all the use they will get.

Description:   Purple Cows products bring the precision of German engineering to the home and office consumer in new and creative ways. What started with a safety blade, trimmers and laminators has grown to include over 100 products available worldwide. The Purple Cows 9" Hot and Cold Laminator is perfect for all your home and office lamination needs. With new technology, the heating elements are in the silicon rollers, eliminating the need to change temperatures for 3 and 5 mil hot pockets as well as ensuring a smooth even seal for your documents and projects. With the new technology this unit uses 50% less energy to run. 100 3 mil hot pockets are included, in three sizes: (40) 8.5x11 inches, (30) 4x6 inches, (30) 3x5 inches. Strong and easy to use, Purple Cows products are unique, innovative, and remarkable!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer for all reviews sent by the publisher, publicist or author for review.

THE FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION (FTC) ISSUED NEW RULES THAT WENT INTO EFFECT ON DECEMBER 1, 2009. THESE RULES STATE THAT PRODUCT REVIEWERS ON BLOGS MUST DISCLOSE WHETHER THEY RECEIVED REVIEW PRODUCTS FOR FREE OR RECEIVED MONETARY PAYMENT FOR SUCH REVIEWS. PAYMENT IS NEVER ACCEPTED IN EXCHANGE FOR A REVIEW OR BOOK MENTION UNLESS NOTED IN THE POST. THE RECEIPT OF ARCS OR FREE REVIEW COPIES IN NO WAY INFLUENCES OR HAS AN IMPACT ON THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED IN THE BOOK REVIEWS POSTED ON THIS SITE.