Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Book Review - Tidal - Amanda Hocking

Tidal (Watersong #3)
Title:  Tidal


Review:  This is the 3rd book in the Water Song Series by Amanda Hocking.  I read the last two and this was a good one to keep the series going.  I am looking forward to the last book to see how it all ends up and if Gemma gets out of her curse. 

The ending of this book made me wish I could pick up the next one right away.  I hate waiting for books to be released and so I have already ordered the last one and wait for its release and the mailman with a box from Amazon.   

I got the first book at a book signing, I enjoyed reading Amanda’s Tryll series and I hope this one is as good….one book to go and I really, really want to read it now!!!  I don’t want to give too much away, but Harper is still trying to help Gemma get her life back.  The only way that Gemma can think to help herself is to kill the sirens and that means finding the original curse so she can find a way to break it.  This book gives you more history of the sirens and how they have lived for as long as they have.  Daniel also has issues with Lexi as he has special abilities that she wants to know more about….lots more about…mummm!

If you are reading this series do not miss this one…..only a bit to go before the next one is out…it is out already, but I will post the review soon….I have high expectations for this book.

Published: Published June 4th 2013 by St. Martin's Griffin
ISBN: 9781250008114
Copyright: 2013
Pages: 342
Quick Review: 31/2 stars (out of 5)
Where I Obtained the Book:  Purchased at Amazon

Synopsis:  The magical world of Watersong is about to change forever. The answers Gemma and her friends have been searching for are finally revealed - but evil is closing in and time is running out....
Gemma and Harper Fisher are facing the fight of their lives. Gemma has been cursed with extraordinary powers that have a terrifying dark side, but she's finally found what she needs - a way to break the curse and become human again. However, finding the means to do it will be her greatest challenge yet. And now Penn, Lexi, and Thea - the gorgeous but deadly creatures who cursed her - are determined to kill her before she has a chance. Making matters worse, Penn has her sights set on Daniel - the guy Harper loves - and Penn always gets what she wants.

As Gemma and Harper race to break the curse before it's too late, they're thrust deeper into a mythical world of immortal secrets. They must into their enemies' past to find the answers they need, even if it means being drawn deeper into their savagely beautiful world. But one of the girls is not what she seems...and Gemma finds an unlikely ally as she struggles to save herself. Will it be enough to break an ancient curse that no one has ever escaped from alive?
Image of Amanda Hocking
Authors Information:  I live in Minnesota, and I write young adult paranormal romance and urban fantasy mostly. The My Blood Approves series is about vampires in Minneapolis, and its available now. I also wrote the Trylle Trilogy, which is a paranormal romance without vampires, shifters, mermaids, fae, angels, dragons, ghosts, or ninjas.

My latest book is Hollowland - a zombie urban fantasy set in the dystopian near future. It's a bit more violent and gritter than my other books, but there is still romance. Mostly though, Remy kicks a lot of butt.

I also enjoy Red Bull, Jim Henson, Batman, Jane Austen, Star Wars legos, and I absolutely hate long walks on the beach out of my intense fear/hatred of wet sand

My favorite authors are Kurt Vonnegut, Chuck Palahniuk, Bret Easton Ellis, Alan Moore, and J. D. Salinger, but I don't write anything like them. I have an obsession with River Phoenix, and I've seen Silence of the Lambs more than any other movie, even The Dark Knight. If I were trapped on a deserted island, the one thing I'd take with me would be a boat capable for taking me home.

I'm also the guitarist in a band called the Fraggin Aardvarks, and even though its even twice as cool as it sounds, we haven't had a practice in like two years, so I'm not sure that technically we are still a band. But we never broke up, and it's an awesome thing to tell people, so I'm sticking with it. (We even had a synethesizer!)

Here are some ways you can talk to me:

Other Reviews:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer for all reviews sent by the publisher, publicist or author for review.

THE FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION (FTC) ISSUED NEW RULES THAT WENT INTO EFFECT ON DECEMBER 1, 2009. THESE RULES STATE THAT PRODUCT REVIEWERS ON BLOGS MUST DISCLOSE WHETHER THEY RECEIVED REVIEW PRODUCTS FOR FREE OR RECEIVED MONETARY PAYMENT FOR SUCH REVIEWS. PAYMENT IS NEVER ACCEPTED IN EXCHANGE FOR A REVIEW OR BOOK MENTION UNLESS NOTED IN THE POST. THE RECEIPT OF ARCS OR FREE REVIEW COPIES IN NO WAY INFLUENCES OR HAS AN IMPACT ON THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED IN THE BOOK REVIEWS POSTED ON THIS SITE.