Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Book Review - Design Your Own Destiny - Mary A Molloy


Design Your Own Destiny: Life Planning for the 21st Century
Title:  Design Your Own Destiny: Life Planning for the 21st Century

Author: Mary A Molloy

Review:  I was a bit skeptical of this book at first.  I had read, The Secret, and some of that was just so out there it was hard to take it seriously.  This book is a bit more down to earth, but a similar feeling on the fact that positive attitude and behavior begets positive attitude and behavior.  I read the first few chapters and decided to try the visualization at night of letting the negative go and soaking up the positive.   I am a substitute teacher and was in a difficult room for a few weeks with EBD middle schoolers….tough room to say the least and a few times I thought of just walking out and going home.  Well I worked on letting go of the negative and soaking in the positive every morning and night.  I would plan on having a fabulous day and I thought about that all day and even with problems and chairs flying at my head I did have a great day.

Also I decided to try positive thinking with other areas and I entered two writing contests on-line that were free.  I won a consolation prize on the first and 2nd prize on the second.  So I now have a signed copy of a best-seller from the author and $50 GC to Amazon.  Talk about positive bringing more positive into my life.  Also I decided that I needed to work less, because of grad school, and yet make more money.  Two days later I was in a long-term situation where the pay is always better.

Now you may think this was all luck…maybe…but I think it was the positive thinking and I will be doing that from now on…I enjoy things more and I am a happier person to be around…if that is all I get out of the book then it was worth reading it.  I would suggest this to everyone out there.

Along with the first few chapters I used in my life, there is planning sheets for planning your life.  This is a great idea of anyone and when I have more time I plan on using them more fully. 

Get this book and GET A LIFE ----- For Real!!!

Publisher: Published September 15th 2012 by TRB Press
ISBN: 9780985379674
Copyright: 2012
Pages: 170
Quick Review: 5 stars (out of 5)-
 Why I Read It:  Sent by the author for review.

Synopsis: What if you could have the life you always wanted? What if it wasn't as hard as you thought? What if instead of always asking What if? you decided to dive in and design the destiny of your dreams? That opportunity is here now in Design Your Own Destiny: Life Planning for the 21st Century.

Whether it's looking for a job or trying to figure out the next steps to take in a relationship, award-winning author, speaker and life-planner Mary A. Molloy takes readers to a place where possibilities become realities. Combining years of experience working with Fortune 500 companies and clients all over the globe, Mary provides the answers to how people can make it happen. Examining the complete life with deeper connections Molloy helps people to:

o Find work/life balance
o Create tangible goals
o Put plans into action
o See results and measure success

Whether it's changing roles, changing perspectives or challenging the status quo, Mary helps readers take control and not leave what is most important to chance. She shows readers step-by-step how to break down the complex process of changing one's life so that everyone gets a personalized and manageable way to make their dreams happen.

Inspired by a talk she gave to twenty-five homeless women - many of whom took her Life Designs and were able to leave the shelter - Design Your Own Destiny will help you create the life you want to lead!
Image of Mary A. Molloy 
Author Biography:  Mary A. Molloy is a speaker, life planner, business owner and award-winning author. She knows how to communicate strategies that lead to success. Whether working with IBM and leading training workshops with companies like HP/Compaq Computer Corporation, Microsoft, Motorola, Siemens Healthcare or one-on-one; from New Zealand to Korea and even back home in America her extensive travels and experience speaking to tens of thousands of people give her a special perspective. Mary is able to assist people in seeing their potential and how to reach their goals and dreams. She has been recognized for her achievements through the YWCA s Woman of the Year Award and Digital Equipment Corporation s Instructor Excellence Award. Her previous book (co-authored with Michael K. Molloy), The Buck Starts Here: Sales and Marketing Made Easy, was a Clarion Award winner.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer for all reviews sent by the publisher, publicist or author for review.

THE FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION (FTC) ISSUED NEW RULES THAT WENT INTO EFFECT ON DECEMBER 1, 2009. THESE RULES STATE THAT PRODUCT REVIEWERS ON BLOGS MUST DISCLOSE WHETHER THEY RECEIVED REVIEW PRODUCTS FOR FREE OR RECEIVED MONETARY PAYMENT FOR SUCH REVIEWS. PAYMENT IS NEVER ACCEPTED IN EXCHANGE FOR A REVIEW OR BOOK MENTION UNLESS NOTED IN THE POST. THE RECEIPT OF ARCS OR FREE REVIEW COPIES IN NO WAY INFLUENCES OR HAS AN IMPACT ON THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED IN THE BOOK REVIEWS POSTED ON THIS SITE.