Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Book Review - I've Got Your Number - Sophie Kinsella

I've Got Your Number
Title:  I’ve Got Your Number


Review:  This is one of my favorite authors.  I find her funny, witty, and most of all her characters are realistic in my world.  Poppy is so much like some women I’ve known that I have put a composite face to her in my mind.  She is sweet and non-confrontational and gets walked on a few times here and there, but she doesn’t want to rock the boat unnecessarily.  I feel like that most of the time.  Sam on the other hand is all business without a lot of personality to match until you get to know him.  I love the way the author describes his smile, this real smile he shares only rarely.  The two together are a delightful mix and the texting is a great addition for this day and age.

The crazy life that Poppy has is her doing and she knows it.  She is a normal person thrown into the deep end of a life she never asked for or expected(after only a few weeks of dating.)  She finds herself in need and the needed item appears and WOW…there goes her life with the twists and turns that make this author so enjoyable to read.  Chick-lit at its finest- in my opinion.

Romance in this book is great, not a lot of sex, just a few suggestions that it was had and enjoyed by all that had it.  I cried at the end…just a happy sap I am at times.  I love books like this...great characters, crazy situations, comedy and drama mixed in unequal yet complementary parts.  This is a cute, fast read well worth your time.  Sophie Kinsella is an author well worth looking into.  I look forward to her next and the next one after that…it is always a joy to pick up her newest and lose myself for a few hours.


Publisher: Published February 14th 2012 by RandomHouse Publishing Group

ISBN: 9780385342063

Copyright: 2012

Pages: 433

Quick Review: 5 stars (out of 5)

Why I Read It:  I love this author and look forward to her newest books.  I got this book at my local library.

Synopsis: I've lost it. The only thing in the world I wasn't supposed to lose. My engagement ring. It's been in Magnus's family for three generations. And now, the very same day his parents are coming, I've lost it. The very same day. Do not hyperventilate, Poppy. Stay positive!!

Poppy Wyatt has never felt luckier. She is about to marry the ideal man, Magnus Tavish, but in one afternoon her 'happy ever after' begins to fall apart. Not only has she lost her engagement ring but in the panic that followed, she has now lost her phone. As she paces shakily round the hotel foyer she spots an abandoned phone in a bin. Finders keepers! Now she can leave a number for the hotel to contact her when they find her ring. Perfect!

Well, perfect except the phone's owner, businessman Sam Roxton doesn't agree. He wants his phone back and doesn't appreciate Poppy reading all his messages and wading into his personal life.

What ensues is a hilarious and unpredictable turn of events as Poppy and Sam increasingly upend each other's lives through emails and text messages. As Poppy juggles wedding preparations, mysterious phone calls and hiding her left hand from Magnus and his parents... she soon realises that she is in for the biggest surprise of her life.
Sophie Kinsella
Author Biography:  Madeleine Wickham (born 12 December 1969) is a bestselling British author under her pseudonym, Sophie Kinsella. Educated at New College, Oxford, she worked as a financial journalist before turning to fiction. She is best known for writing a popular series of chick-lit novels. The Shopaholic novels series focuses on the misadventures of Becky Bloomwood, a financial journalist who cannot manage her own finances. The books follows her life from when her credit card debt first become overwhelming ("The Secret Dreamworld of a Shopaholic") to the latest book on being married and having a child ("Shopaholic & Baby"). Throughout the entire series, her obsession with shopping and the complications that imparts on her life are central themes.

Gemma Townley is her sister.

Sophie's Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/SophieKinsell...

Other Reviews:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer for all reviews sent by the publisher, publicist or author for review.

THE FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION (FTC) ISSUED NEW RULES THAT WENT INTO EFFECT ON DECEMBER 1, 2009. THESE RULES STATE THAT PRODUCT REVIEWERS ON BLOGS MUST DISCLOSE WHETHER THEY RECEIVED REVIEW PRODUCTS FOR FREE OR RECEIVED MONETARY PAYMENT FOR SUCH REVIEWS. PAYMENT IS NEVER ACCEPTED IN EXCHANGE FOR A REVIEW OR BOOK MENTION UNLESS NOTED IN THE POST. THE RECEIPT OF ARCS OR FREE REVIEW COPIES IN NO WAY INFLUENCES OR HAS AN IMPACT ON THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED IN THE BOOK REVIEWS POSTED ON THIS SITE.