Friday, April 29, 2016

We now Offer Editing Services (NOT ME) Douglas Wimmer

We now offer Editing Services.

FYI Its not me. 

In addition to my own writing, I offer editing and proofreading services to fellow writers and independent authors.
Whether you are looking to polish up a manuscript before you pitch it to agents and publishers for traditional publication or looking for someone to work out the kinks in your novel before you publish it yourself via Amazon or iTunes, I can help. I offer both comprehensive editing services,  basic proofreading, and beta reading at affordable ratesIn addition to my own writing, I offer editing and proofreading services to fellow writers and independent authors.
Whether you are looking to polish up a manuscript before you pitch it to agents and publishers for traditional publication or looking for someone to work out the kinks in your novel before you publish it yourself via Amazon or iTunes, I can help. I offer both comprehensive editing services,  basic proofreading, and beta reading at affordable rates
The rate for each job is determined only after the author and I can come to an agreement. Our relationship must be an amenable and complimentary one. One where we can work together to make your work the best it can be. Without that, we will be butting heads the whole time and that's not fun for either of us.
Generally, when assessing an editing job, I ask for a sizable sample of the work so I can see what is needed and whether I feel like I would be the best fit for that specific job or not. If I feel I can be of some use to the work, I will perform a sample edit and then send it back to the author. If we seem like a good match, then it is at that point we talk about compensation. The compensation will be negotiated until it is deemed fair for both parties. I will always do my best to fit your individual budget and you will know what the fee will be before any full scale edits are done. There are no hidden or surprise fees. As a matter of fact, I offer a satisfaction guarantee that if you are not happy with my work, then my fee is fully refundable. I only ask that you provide me with the reasons you are dissatisfied so that I can be aware of them.

Services currently Offered

  • Beta reading - This is a service that may be a good option if you think you've nearly nailed most everything down and just want to get another set of eyes on it in order to make sure everything is in place and functioning like it should. I will provide commentary on overall structure, cohesiveness, plausibility, and character arcs, among other things. I will read your draft from front to back and suggest things that should be improved or changed and things that seem to be mucking up the flow of your draft.
  • Copy Editing - This is a service that may be a good option if you have a strong story and characters but are unsure of punctuation, word usage, homophones, and other grammatical issues within your manuscript. This is a place where many self-published authors take a hit. Some readers will forgive a flat character arc or a story that stretches the limits of believability, but heaven forbid you mix up your/you're or to/too. This service takes care of those little mistakes that plague nearly every manuscript so that the reader can concentrate on what you want them to: your story and characters.
  • Line Editing - This is a service in which I really get my hands dirty and jump into the fray with you to improve things such as syntax, awkward or inappropriate phrasing, curtail unnecessarily ornate phrases or descriptions, pinpoint repetitive word usage and suggest alternatives, and ensure the timeline is plausible and clear just to mention a few things. I will actually make changes to your manuscript (all reversible if you so choose) that I feel I am safe to do, while leaving larger, world/character/plot changing tasks to the author. After all, this is your story, not mine. I'm just here to help where I can.
Do any of these services guarantee your book will be a best seller? No.
Does acquiring my services guarantee you'll get an agent, contract, or book deal? Afraid not.
All I promise is that your book will be better than it was before, and I will be at your service throughout the entire process. I am here to help your writing be the best it can be. Once again, if you are not satisfied with the service I render, I will give you your money back. That guarantee I can offer.
Follow the link to fill out the form.

http://www.douglasbwimmer.com/editing-services/

Testimonials

"I'm very lucky to have come across Douglas Wimmer and his great editing skills. His attention to detail is beyond par, and his professional work ethic means that I never feel uncomfortable sharing my work. He puts thought into his comments, provides insightful ideas, and as always, my writing is better for it after. I'll be using his services again."
- Lana Pecherczyk - Author of Hunting for Witches and the Robin Lockslay series, cofounder of Creative Cartel Publishing, and professional book cover artist.

"Mr. Wimmer has consistently exceeded my expectations with his editing abilities. He has an accurate, efficient style that frequently causes me to see my own writing more clearly and to wonder why I didn't make his suggested changes on the first draft! I feel as if he's put the finishing touches on my manuscripts that really make them shine."
-K.Kibbee, Author of The Misadventures of Dewey the Daring, Whole in the Clouds, and the forthcoming Forests of the Fae series.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer for all reviews sent by the publisher, publicist or author for review.

THE FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION (FTC) ISSUED NEW RULES THAT WENT INTO EFFECT ON DECEMBER 1, 2009. THESE RULES STATE THAT PRODUCT REVIEWERS ON BLOGS MUST DISCLOSE WHETHER THEY RECEIVED REVIEW PRODUCTS FOR FREE OR RECEIVED MONETARY PAYMENT FOR SUCH REVIEWS. PAYMENT IS NEVER ACCEPTED IN EXCHANGE FOR A REVIEW OR BOOK MENTION UNLESS NOTED IN THE POST. THE RECEIPT OF ARCS OR FREE REVIEW COPIES IN NO WAY INFLUENCES OR HAS AN IMPACT ON THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED IN THE BOOK REVIEWS POSTED ON THIS SITE.