Monday, April 4, 2016

Motherhood Monday Finding Books

I have readers. No joke my two oldest love to read books to the point I have to drag them out of the house and their noses out of books.

My 9 year old son has tested into the 8th grade reading level but he has been able to find books he enjoys College Biology book, College Chem, Organic Chen and Nat Geo Space. Also Butt Wars, Diary of a Wimpy kid and anything and everything Minecraft.

My Daughter who is 7 has tested into the 6th grade reading level. AHHHH She reads what her brother reads but finds College books boring and "lack imagination". I bought almost the entire Magic Tree house but she reads those in a day.  So I decided to buy Dork Dairies which will take he under three weeks to read the book but mental she isn't ready for these books.  I know he will love Harry Potter however she isn't mental old enough to read the book because she is only in 1st grade

So I am looking for Fiction for a 9 year old who loves nature, logic, and isn't really into magic.

7 year old girl who loves reading, 6 grade reading level, but mental still a 7 year old girl. She wants to "Sink Her Teeth into a book."

I have a 5 year old going into kindergarten who is reading and LOVES princess.

I love that I have readers because Saturday when I turn off the TV they will grab books and fall into another world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer for all reviews sent by the publisher, publicist or author for review.

THE FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION (FTC) ISSUED NEW RULES THAT WENT INTO EFFECT ON DECEMBER 1, 2009. THESE RULES STATE THAT PRODUCT REVIEWERS ON BLOGS MUST DISCLOSE WHETHER THEY RECEIVED REVIEW PRODUCTS FOR FREE OR RECEIVED MONETARY PAYMENT FOR SUCH REVIEWS. PAYMENT IS NEVER ACCEPTED IN EXCHANGE FOR A REVIEW OR BOOK MENTION UNLESS NOTED IN THE POST. THE RECEIPT OF ARCS OR FREE REVIEW COPIES IN NO WAY INFLUENCES OR HAS AN IMPACT ON THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED IN THE BOOK REVIEWS POSTED ON THIS SITE.