Monday, December 29, 2014

Book Review - Down and Dirty - Liliana Hart

20601996
Author: Liliana Hart
Stars: 4 out of 5

Review:
I fell in love with this series when I picked up book one Dirty Little Secret and couldn’t put the book down because it was so different the Addison Holmes series. The J.J. Graves series are darker and grittier but still has the romance you have come to know and love from Liliana Hart. 

If you read the synopsis and read the book you question if you read the same novel that was present because yes her father returns for a page or two, I don’t remember any bodies in Rose bushes or a note and the bunker body is not addressed at all.  I love this author but there were so many inconsistencies in the book that I wanted to just shake my head and groan. OK I totally shook my head and groaned because I love JJ in the first two books but how tall is her really?
Before I start a new book in the series I go back and start the series all over again J.J is average height, average weight than she grows to 5’7 and now she is 5’8. Please tell me as I get older I will get taller because that would totally make my day. The dead bodies went from five to only really talking about four and I think they only ended up burying three so what happened to the fifth body? Did they eat it? I hate inconsistencies because it makes me feel like the author doesn’t feel her readers are smart enough to see the lack of focus in their writing.

So take away the silly height thing you have J.J and Jack have a fight which they quickly resolve and I was grateful for but they never really covered either of their PTSD.  I also love how they wrapped up the murder in three days so JJ and Jack could get married. Trust me with Double spies, teen lovers, government no way would it be wrapped up in three days. I felt everything was rushed and trust me I could have waited for a more complete novel from Liliana Hart them the one I bought. This novel was a mash up with some good parts, sweet parts and others parts that left me scratching my head.

The Author brought in Jack’s mom and the always fun Carter but she left out Eddie and Dickie who were part of the group from the beginning and I couldn’t understand why they were not involved in the book or the wedding at all.  

Lilian Hart has a wonder grasp of dialogue but if you can’t remember who or what your characters are than you leave readers angry annoyed and wondering if the series is worth reading.

Bought this book.

Synopsis:  Wedding plans are in full swing in Bloody Mary, Virginia. J.J. Graves is ready to walk down the aisle and start a new life—despite the fact her father is still on the loose, blood money is stashed in her closet, and an unidentified body is missing from her parents’ bunker.

But it isn’t her personal life that’s threatening her chance to say “I Do.” It’s the remains of a brutally murdered corpse found buried beneath a prize-winning rose garden. And the message attached leaves no bones about it—the body is meant for J.J. The clock is ticking as J.J. and Jack search for a killer before he becomes the ultimate wedding crasher.

Other Review:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer for all reviews sent by the publisher, publicist or author for review.

THE FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION (FTC) ISSUED NEW RULES THAT WENT INTO EFFECT ON DECEMBER 1, 2009. THESE RULES STATE THAT PRODUCT REVIEWERS ON BLOGS MUST DISCLOSE WHETHER THEY RECEIVED REVIEW PRODUCTS FOR FREE OR RECEIVED MONETARY PAYMENT FOR SUCH REVIEWS. PAYMENT IS NEVER ACCEPTED IN EXCHANGE FOR A REVIEW OR BOOK MENTION UNLESS NOTED IN THE POST. THE RECEIPT OF ARCS OR FREE REVIEW COPIES IN NO WAY INFLUENCES OR HAS AN IMPACT ON THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED IN THE BOOK REVIEWS POSTED ON THIS SITE.