Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Book Review - Lullaby - Amanda Hocking - Watersong Series Book 2

Lullaby (Watersong #2)
Title: Lullaby

Author: AmandaHocking

I read book 1 , Wake and was looking forward to seeing how the story progressed.  As with book series that have an ending, like this series, the middle books are never as good as the first or the last…I hope in this case the last is GREAT! 

Back to Lullaby…I enjoyed the story continuing and a look at how Gemma was going to handle her new thirst and hunger.  How will she ever return to being truly human if she succumbs to her hunger and kills another?  Harper of course is searching for Gemma and being helped by the two men in her life.  Her relationship with Daniel grows with a small amount of romance.  You learn a bit more about the sirens and their lives before the change and after since there are thousands of years old.

I just wonder how Gemma can ever come back to being human with all the calls of the ocean and the siren blood she has ingested.  This is an interesting look at mermaids….not like the Little Mermaid at all, a much darker vision of the creatures that call men to their deaths..financially and physically.  I look forward to Tidal coming in the mail from Amazon now.

Publisher: Published November 27th 2012 by St.Martin's Griffin
ISBN: 9781250005656
Copyright: 2012 
Pages: 290 
Quick Review: 3.5 stars out of 5 
Why I Read It: I went to a book signing for the first book- so I pre-ordered this title. 
Where I Obtained the Book: Amazon Pre-order. 

Synopsis:
Don't miss the next chapter of Watersong, a bold new series that will enchant you, entrance you, and hold you captive under its spell.

Now that Gemma Fisher has inherited Penn, Lexi, and Thea's curse - and all the strange new powers that come along with it - she has no choice but to run away with them. Devastated that she has to leave everyone she loves behind, she's still determined not to give in to the unspeakable hungers that plague her. Unfortunately, they're growing stronger every day, and she's not sure how much longer she can resist.

Harper won't give up on finding her sister Gemma, vowing to get her back no matter what the cost. The search draws her closer to too-gorgeous-for-his-own-good Daniel, and tests her fiercely guarded independence like never before. She's always been the strong one who everyone else depends on.... Can she let herself depend on Daniel?

As Gemma and Harper plunge deeper into a magical world they barely understand, it becomes painfully clear that Gemma's old life may be lost forever. But can she still hold on to her humanity?
Amanda Hocking
Author Bio: 
I live in Minnesota, and I write young adult paranormal romance and urban fantasy mostly. The My Blood Approves series is about vampires in Minneapolis, and its available now. I also wrote the Trylle Trilogy, which is a paranormal romance without vampires, shifters, mermaids, fae, angels, dragons, ghosts, or ninjas.

My latest book is Hollowland - a zombie urban fantasy set in the dystopian near future. It's a bit more violent and gritter than my other books, but there is still romance. Mostly though, Remy kicks a lot of butt.

I also enjoy Red Bull, Jim Henson, Batman, Jane Austen, Star Wars legos, and I absolutely hate long walks on the beach out of my intense fear/hatred of wet sand

My favorite authors are Kurt Vonnegut, Chuck Palahniuk, Bret Easton Ellis, Alan Moore, and J. D. Salinger, but I don't write anything like them. I have an obsession with River Phoenix, and I've seen Silence of the Lambs more than any other movie, even The Dark Knight. If I were trapped on a deserted island, the one thing I'd take with me would be a boat capable for taking me home.

I'm also the guitarist in a band called the Fraggin Aardvarks, and even though its even twice as cool as it sounds, we haven't had a practice in like two years, so I'm not sure that technically we are still a band. But we never broke up, and it's an awesome thing to tell people, so I'm sticking with it. (We even had a synethesizer!)

Here are some ways you can talk to me:

Other Reviews: 
A Dream of Books
Icey Books
Book Hounds

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer for all reviews sent by the publisher, publicist or author for review.

THE FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION (FTC) ISSUED NEW RULES THAT WENT INTO EFFECT ON DECEMBER 1, 2009. THESE RULES STATE THAT PRODUCT REVIEWERS ON BLOGS MUST DISCLOSE WHETHER THEY RECEIVED REVIEW PRODUCTS FOR FREE OR RECEIVED MONETARY PAYMENT FOR SUCH REVIEWS. PAYMENT IS NEVER ACCEPTED IN EXCHANGE FOR A REVIEW OR BOOK MENTION UNLESS NOTED IN THE POST. THE RECEIPT OF ARCS OR FREE REVIEW COPIES IN NO WAY INFLUENCES OR HAS AN IMPACT ON THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED IN THE BOOK REVIEWS POSTED ON THIS SITE.