Sunday, April 29, 2012

Game App Review for Kindle - Sliding Tiles - Grabarchuk Puzzles


Sliding Tiles
Title:    Sliding Tiles (Kindle Game App.)

Maker:  Grabarchuk Puzzles

Review:  This is a fun digital version of the old plastic sliding tile game.  It reminded me of when we were kids and we got a little plastic square game in our stockings.  The EASY version was fun and it didn’t take much brain power, but the next level brought it up and I struggled.  I moved the tiles and then moved them back and back again.  There is a hint button to help you along if you get confused what tile to move next.  I used that a bit on the harder levels.

The HARD and MASTER levels are above me and yet interesting to try and think about.  My kids have tried the EASY level and enjoyed the fun of figuring out which tile to move where.  One of them laughed at me because they figured out a HARD puzzle before I could.  This is a fun interactive game that really gets your brain evolved.  My daughter is a visual learner and she had no problem with the MEDIUM level and is now working on the HARD level. 

The only issue I have with the game is learning how to use the 5 way controller, on my Kindle with the keyboard, it was a challenge to know if you were moving the tile or just on the tile.  I would rather just move the tiles my cursor is on without having to push the button twice to hold the tile you want to move.  Practice makes perfect I guess, so other than that the game is quite enjoyable.

Release Date: March 27, 2012

Copyright: 2012

File Size: 1.8 MB

ASIN: B007P058Q4

Quick Review: 41/2 Stars out of 5. 

Where Did I Get the Game:  Sent by the designer for review.

Synopsis:   Here is one of the most original collection of sliders, comprising 100 hand-crafted puzzles with unique and fun gameplay.
Sliders (aka sliding block puzzles) are dynamic and compact puzzles first popularized in the 19th century. We have constantly been creating this collection of sliders during the past 20 years as physical and interactive toys.
Features
- 100 hand-crafted sliders!
- 4 difficulty levels: Easy, Medium, Hard, and Master.
- Need help? Use hints.
- Time counter with pause option.
- Earn stars for each solved puzzle.
- Advanced score system.

Other Reviews:  Amazon Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer for all reviews sent by the publisher, publicist or author for review.

THE FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION (FTC) ISSUED NEW RULES THAT WENT INTO EFFECT ON DECEMBER 1, 2009. THESE RULES STATE THAT PRODUCT REVIEWERS ON BLOGS MUST DISCLOSE WHETHER THEY RECEIVED REVIEW PRODUCTS FOR FREE OR RECEIVED MONETARY PAYMENT FOR SUCH REVIEWS. PAYMENT IS NEVER ACCEPTED IN EXCHANGE FOR A REVIEW OR BOOK MENTION UNLESS NOTED IN THE POST. THE RECEIPT OF ARCS OR FREE REVIEW COPIES IN NO WAY INFLUENCES OR HAS AN IMPACT ON THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED IN THE BOOK REVIEWS POSTED ON THIS SITE.