Saturday, January 15, 2011

Save the Date - Jenny B Jones


Publishers: February 1st 2011 by Thomas Nelson
ISBN: 1595545395 (ISBN13: 9781595545398)
Copyright: 2011
Pages: 320
Quick Review: 4 stars (out of 5)
Why did I read it: I signed up to reviews books for Thomas Nelson, this is a book I chose to review.
Where was book Obtained: It was sent by the publisher.
Synopsis: Former NFL star Alex Sinclair is a man who has it all--except the votes he needs to win his bid for Congress. Despite their mutual dislike, Alex makes Lucy a proposition: pose as his fiancee in return for the money she desperately needs. Bound to a man who isn't quite what he seems, Lucy will find her heart on the line--and maybe even her life. When God asks Alex and Lucy to scrap their playbook and follow his rules, will they finally say, "I do"?
Review: I’m truly surprised by how much I enjoyed this book. I have never read Christian romance before and was a bit concerned over what I would think, but I liked it. I'm a sucker for happily ever-after and that is why I love romance. Love, marriage, babies, sex, kissing in any and all order. The Christian was the part I was most concerned about, not knowing what that would involve in a romance book. I discovered it was lots of pray, church attendance and scripture reading, a dash of forgiving ourselves and others, along with a sweet love story that pulled on my heart strings and my funny bone at the same time.
Lucy is a quirky character that anyone would have a hard time not liking, even with the constant need and prayers. Life dealt her a tough hand and she did the best she could with it. What would you do to save something you loved? Would you do whatever it took? It’s tough to know until you’re faced with a no win situation and then all bets are off.
Alex has a plan and Lucy was never suppose to be part of it...oh well God had other plans. A friend of mine loves to quote this, "Life happens when we are making other plans." The other plans are the fun part. These two characters have great chemistry and it was fun to watch it simmer.
I will look for more books by this author. I would enjoy a bit less Lord talk and prayer, but I knew it was a Christian romance when I agreed to read it. Honestly it wasn’t really that bad. I was pleasantly surprised and I think you will be also.


Author Biography: Jenny B. Jones is the author of the new YA book So Not Happening , by Thomas Nelson, as well the award winning Katie Parker Production series, including In Between and On the Loose. When she's not writing about the drama of teen life, she's living it up as a high school speech teacher in Arkansas. Since she has very little free time, she believes in spending her spare hours in meaningful, intellectual pursuits such as watching E!, going to the movies and inhaling large buckets of popcorn, catching Will Ferrell on YouTube, and writing her name in the dust on her furniture.
Other Reviews:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer for all reviews sent by the publisher, publicist or author for review.

THE FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION (FTC) ISSUED NEW RULES THAT WENT INTO EFFECT ON DECEMBER 1, 2009. THESE RULES STATE THAT PRODUCT REVIEWERS ON BLOGS MUST DISCLOSE WHETHER THEY RECEIVED REVIEW PRODUCTS FOR FREE OR RECEIVED MONETARY PAYMENT FOR SUCH REVIEWS. PAYMENT IS NEVER ACCEPTED IN EXCHANGE FOR A REVIEW OR BOOK MENTION UNLESS NOTED IN THE POST. THE RECEIPT OF ARCS OR FREE REVIEW COPIES IN NO WAY INFLUENCES OR HAS AN IMPACT ON THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED IN THE BOOK REVIEWS POSTED ON THIS SITE.