Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Children's Book Review - Grandma Stinks!! - Marc C Collins

20311954

Title:  Grandma Stinks


Review:  I enjoyed the cute illustrations and the story – At first I thought it was strange that the little girl in the story thought her grandmother stunk and had to hold her nose – but then I remembered visiting my great grandmothers home and later visiting her at the rest home and I have to say that both experiences made me think that she did smell a bit strange and not in a good way. 

This book brought back many of those memories that I had forgotten – I do visit a few elderly friends in assisted living facilities and well I can understand this book much better looking at it through those lenses.  But this book is not cruel and it is well written with fabulous illustration that jump of the page with how cute they are and how well they follow the story.  It is a sweet story about a family who is now having their grandmother come and live with them and how the little girl decides what is more important – stink or grandma being there with the family.

Great book for kids.

Published:  Published December 20th 2013 by Createspace
ISBN:  9781494735487
Page Count: 46
Quick Review:  4 out 5 stars –
Why I Read this Title:  sent by the publisher for a review

Synopsis:  When Grandma comes to stay with Emma and her family, something funky comes along with Grandma! Find out what Emma does about it in this smelly, but sensitive story.
 Mark C. Collins
Author Information:  Been an artist all my life, professionally since about 1986, and have written poetry and short stories as a hobby along the way. Now I write and illustrate children's books of my own.

Other Reviews
 Goodreads
Amazon

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the great review, Heidi! Sorry I waited so long to respond! :)

    markcollinsillustration.com

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer for all reviews sent by the publisher, publicist or author for review.

THE FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION (FTC) ISSUED NEW RULES THAT WENT INTO EFFECT ON DECEMBER 1, 2009. THESE RULES STATE THAT PRODUCT REVIEWERS ON BLOGS MUST DISCLOSE WHETHER THEY RECEIVED REVIEW PRODUCTS FOR FREE OR RECEIVED MONETARY PAYMENT FOR SUCH REVIEWS. PAYMENT IS NEVER ACCEPTED IN EXCHANGE FOR A REVIEW OR BOOK MENTION UNLESS NOTED IN THE POST. THE RECEIPT OF ARCS OR FREE REVIEW COPIES IN NO WAY INFLUENCES OR HAS AN IMPACT ON THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED IN THE BOOK REVIEWS POSTED ON THIS SITE.