Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Book Review - No One Lives Twice - Julie Moffett

8587290
Title:  No One Lives Twice

Author: Julie Moffett

Review:  Lexi Carmichael is a Geek from the top of her head to the tips of her toes and everywhere in between.  She is a computer hacker for the NSA but the most excitement she sees is running away from the dreaded family dinner.  Then one day her best friend disappears, gun toting thugs pop into her life and not one but two very sexy men can't seem to stay away from her.  A Geek girls dream come true.

No One lives Twice a fun girl novel that takes you on a nonstop roller coaster ride wondering who is really trying to help and who is trying to kill Lexis Best Friend Basia.  Basis is Lexis only best girl friend who translates documents for a living and one day came across a documents that could change the world. She didn't know what else to do but send it to the one person she could trust, Lexi. With the help of the Zimmerman twins, brilliant computer hackers, they contact a national treasure and super hack Slash.  They slowly figure out what the documents are about with the help of a sexy Irish Lawyer Finn who isn't what he seems to be.  Lexi doesn't trust anyone and plays her cards close to her chest.  I love how Lexi feels life is logical but soon learns quickly not everyone is as logical as a computer and has to fight to survive.

I fell in love with Lexi right away because her ability to think on her feet, her loyalty to her friends and the awkward way she stumbled though the book made the reader feel like they were in Lexi's shoes.  Lexi can be somewhat depressing at time because she does focus on her lack of love life, her lack of taste in clothes, but redeems herself with loyalty to help those she loves most.

There is an abundance of hot guys all seeming to fall in love with Lexi at once had me questioning who would turn out to be the bad guy and who would turn into the good guy and the author is true to Lexi even had her guessing until the very end of the book.  I think the author was going for the idea when you have confidence men will see you as desirable because almost every guy in the book had a thing for Lexi.

The action was perfect and reminds me of the classic James Bond stories unbelievable story but tons of fun. Perfect book for the beach or a cold winter night.

 No one Lives Twice is number 1 of a series and if you like this one you will love the others.  Thank you Heidi for the review.

Publishers:  Published August 16th 2010 by Carina Press
ISBN:  B003U89RS0
Copyright: 2010
Pages: 314 Kindle Edition
Quick Review:  5 stars (out of 5)
Why did I read it: It looked funny and cute at Amazon.

Synopsis:  I'm Lexi Carmichael, geek extraordinaire. I spend my days stopping computer hackers at the National Security Agency. My nights? Those I spend avoiding my mother and eating cereal for dinner. Even though I work for a top-secret agency, I've never been in an exciting car chase, sipped a stirred (not shaken) martini, or shot a poison dart from an umbrella.

Until today, that is, when two gun-toting thugs popped up in my life and my best friend disappeared. So, I've enlisted the help of the Zimmerman twins—the reclusive architects of America's most sensitive electronic networks—to help me navigate a bewildering maze of leads to find her.

Along the way, my path collides with a sexy government agent and a rich, handsome lawyer, both of whom seem to have the hots for me. Hacking, espionage, sexy spy-men—it's a geek girl's dream come true. If it weren't for those gun-toting thugs...

Previously published.

Author Biography:  I have always been a romantic at heart. So when I finally decided to pursue my dream of writing a novel, naturally, it was a romance. I have published several novels in many genres – historicals, time-travels and paranormals.
I’m a military brat (Air Force) and have traveled extensively. My more exciting exploits include attending high school in Okinawa, Japan (Go, Kubasaki!), backpacking around Europe and Scandanavia for several months, a year-long college study in Warsaw, Poland and a wonderful trip to Scotland and Ireland where I fell in love with castle, kilts and brogues.

I have a B.A. in Political Science and Russian Language from Colorado College and a M.A. in International Affairs from George Washington University in Washington, D.C. I worked as a correspondent for the international radio station, Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty in Washington, D.C. writing hundreds of articles and producing numerous radio programs for eleven years before "retiring" to be a stay-at-home mom and full-time writer in 1999.

I speak Russian and Polish (I married a Pole in 1991!) and love reading foreign literature (especially Slavic). I had a beautiful baby boy named Alexander in 1995. I never knew what joy a child could bring to my life.

If you would like to receive occasional e-mails from me announcing my new releases, please let me know. I also have a newsletter and bookmarks available via snail mail. If you send a legal-sized SASE to the address below, I’ll be happy to put them in the mail for you.


Other Reviews:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer for all reviews sent by the publisher, publicist or author for review.

THE FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION (FTC) ISSUED NEW RULES THAT WENT INTO EFFECT ON DECEMBER 1, 2009. THESE RULES STATE THAT PRODUCT REVIEWERS ON BLOGS MUST DISCLOSE WHETHER THEY RECEIVED REVIEW PRODUCTS FOR FREE OR RECEIVED MONETARY PAYMENT FOR SUCH REVIEWS. PAYMENT IS NEVER ACCEPTED IN EXCHANGE FOR A REVIEW OR BOOK MENTION UNLESS NOTED IN THE POST. THE RECEIPT OF ARCS OR FREE REVIEW COPIES IN NO WAY INFLUENCES OR HAS AN IMPACT ON THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED IN THE BOOK REVIEWS POSTED ON THIS SITE.