Thursday, January 3, 2013

Movie Review - Les Miserables - The Film

I had read good and bad reviews of this film and I love the music from this show so I took two of my kids and off we went.  I also read the book many, many years ago and loved it.
We had to go to the next town over...our theater was playing the Hobbit in two theaters for some reason.  Well  WOW!!!!!
I was amazed at how well it was done.  The notes may not have all been perfect...but the emotion on their faces and in their voices was fantastic.  I didn't expect much out of Russel Crowe.....I was wrong....the emotion was raw and I cried many times.
Anne Hathaway took the show with her performance.
The whole film was well done and full of emotion....wonderful....I did comment to my husband about how dirty everyone was....the sewer scene made me want to vomit....History came alive in this film...it wasn't white washed or cleaned up with pretty homes and clothes.  Almost the whole film is sang, very few speaking words only...it that is not your time you may not enjoy this epic movie.
I give this film 5 stars out of 5.

I will be buying this on DVD so I can sing along with all the songs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer for all reviews sent by the publisher, publicist or author for review.

THE FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION (FTC) ISSUED NEW RULES THAT WENT INTO EFFECT ON DECEMBER 1, 2009. THESE RULES STATE THAT PRODUCT REVIEWERS ON BLOGS MUST DISCLOSE WHETHER THEY RECEIVED REVIEW PRODUCTS FOR FREE OR RECEIVED MONETARY PAYMENT FOR SUCH REVIEWS. PAYMENT IS NEVER ACCEPTED IN EXCHANGE FOR A REVIEW OR BOOK MENTION UNLESS NOTED IN THE POST. THE RECEIPT OF ARCS OR FREE REVIEW COPIES IN NO WAY INFLUENCES OR HAS AN IMPACT ON THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED IN THE BOOK REVIEWS POSTED ON THIS SITE.