Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Book Review Tour - I Can Make Out With Any Girl Here - Ryan Nemeth


Title:      I Can Make Out with Any Girl Here

Author:  Ryan Nemeth

Review:  This story was interesting, if not a bit disturbing.  A freshman who is full of himself and the new freedom he finds himself enjoying, gets a bit over his head.  A bit biographical perhaps?  I do not know the author so I can only speculate.  Maybe not, maybe just a dream of his?  Freedom, free love and free of responsibility who wouldn’t dream of that?

The writing was in the form of a diary and I have to ask what guy keeps a diary?  Not my boys, but maybe some out there do.  The stupidity of the kid and his friends was disturbing to say the least.  I guess college is the time you find yourself, but most kids are not this dimwitted at the beginning.  Ants invading the dorm room, sex in the halls and everywhere else possible, upset RA’s and sexy French professors with wondering hands.  What more could a kid want?  A good education and no court trials, maybe.  I would have laughed, but instead I cringed at some of his antics.  If this is college then don't waste your money on the tuition, its not worth it. 

Well if this is you then you should read this book. Guys may like this book better then I did. I studied in college, boring I know.  This is not really my thing, but it may be yours. But when I saw the authors photo I thought that maybe this could happen to him, maybe it did or maybe it is just a demented fantasy.
 
Publisher:  January 26th 2010 by Diversion Press

Copyright: 2010

Pages:  188

ISBN: 1935290037

Quick Review:  2 1/2 Stars out of 5.  Interesting and strange, just not my thing.

Why I Read it:  Diversion Press was looking for reviewers.

Where I Obtained the Book:  Sent from the publisher.

Synopsis:  Donny Blake spends his first semester as a college student at Kulhman University doing the typical college student activities--partying, picking up girls, studying, and trying to avoid Ugly Jen. When the bank starts giving Donny free money and his French teacher expresses interest in him, Donny comes to the realization "I can make out with any girl here". Will it all far apart when ants move into Donny's room and stolen fetal pigs attract the administration's attention or will he make it through his first semester of college? 

Find out through diary entries, text messages, e-mails, and police reports. I Can Make Out with Any Girl Here--the story of Donny Blake's first semester at Kulhman University. A must read for all students about to enter college, college freshman, current college students, or those just wanting to remember what it was like.

Author Biography:  Ryan Nemeth is originally from Cleveland, Ohio. He earned his English BA and MA at Xavier University, where he was active in theatre and athletics. He currently resides in Tampa, FL, and is a Developmental Talent for WWE. I CAN MAKE-OUT WITH ANY GIRL HERE is his first novel.

Other Reviews:




No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer for all reviews sent by the publisher, publicist or author for review.

THE FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION (FTC) ISSUED NEW RULES THAT WENT INTO EFFECT ON DECEMBER 1, 2009. THESE RULES STATE THAT PRODUCT REVIEWERS ON BLOGS MUST DISCLOSE WHETHER THEY RECEIVED REVIEW PRODUCTS FOR FREE OR RECEIVED MONETARY PAYMENT FOR SUCH REVIEWS. PAYMENT IS NEVER ACCEPTED IN EXCHANGE FOR A REVIEW OR BOOK MENTION UNLESS NOTED IN THE POST. THE RECEIPT OF ARCS OR FREE REVIEW COPIES IN NO WAY INFLUENCES OR HAS AN IMPACT ON THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED IN THE BOOK REVIEWS POSTED ON THIS SITE.