Monday, June 12, 2017

Motherhood Monday Last Week I lost my Mind

Image result for Joys of Motherhood
Everyone tells your the wonder side of motherhood. The hugs, kisses, laughs. Pretty much all the high points of life as a mom. No one tells you about the many sleepless nights you have been one of your children walks in to your room to tell you she is awake and can't go back to sleep, or when another child wakes up his or her siblings because she is awake fighting.
Image result for Cold and Flu
We made it though one month of the stomach flu with everyone getting sick one right after another.  I thought finally we are in the clear.  Than my oldest daughter went from running around the house to laying in a chair.  There is a reason we call her Tigger but she was anything but that.  Than she kept telling me she was cold.  It was 79 degrees in the house which meant one thing temperature.  I check her temp and its 102.  Her throat seems clear but looking past the tonsils seems impossible.  Sunday rolls around and her temp creeps up to 104 before I knew what was happening.  Baths, ice pack and anything else you can think of wouldn't bring down the temperature and the Drs said it was just a virus and to work on getting her to drink.
Here some I lost my mind part. I bribed her with my favorite treat Red Vines and Stardust. 
For each bottle finished she would get three red Vines or 4 starburst.  
Image result for Red Vines and Starburst
How do you get your kids to take their Medicine?
 Thankful she was well enough to take me up on the offer but now I need to buy more sugary treats for the next sick kid.  That's right daughter number 2 is coughing, running a temperature as well as her younger brother and you guessed it me!

That bestowed their wonderful virus on their mommy who just got over the stomach flu.
Image result for bestow definition
As you can imagine I have been cleaning, spraying, crying (from lack of sleep) and praying to the virus,flu and whatever else Gods to please pass this home by next year school year (6 weeks and counting)  because I need a break!  Also 6 boxes of Tissues, Cold and Cough Medicare, Advil, a Maid ok lets face it more than one with how bad the house looks. 
Image result for Making my Dog Fat
Not My Dog but you get it.
Also I am making my poor dog fat because I have zero energy to take her for walks and play with her too.  She loves peanut butter and some days she doesn't want to eat unless peanut butter is involved. 
I'm hoping soon to get back to walking the dog, yoga, taking the kids out of the house and to museums, libraries and swimming.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer for all reviews sent by the publisher, publicist or author for review.

THE FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION (FTC) ISSUED NEW RULES THAT WENT INTO EFFECT ON DECEMBER 1, 2009. THESE RULES STATE THAT PRODUCT REVIEWERS ON BLOGS MUST DISCLOSE WHETHER THEY RECEIVED REVIEW PRODUCTS FOR FREE OR RECEIVED MONETARY PAYMENT FOR SUCH REVIEWS. PAYMENT IS NEVER ACCEPTED IN EXCHANGE FOR A REVIEW OR BOOK MENTION UNLESS NOTED IN THE POST. THE RECEIPT OF ARCS OR FREE REVIEW COPIES IN NO WAY INFLUENCES OR HAS AN IMPACT ON THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED IN THE BOOK REVIEWS POSTED ON THIS SITE.