Thursday, February 16, 2012

Book Review - Love Me - Danger Slater

Love Me
Title:  Love Me


Review:   I read this book and after I finished it I wondered why I had wasted my time.  I didn’t understand what was going on and it seemed disjoined and strange with lots of foul language and potty humor.  If you enjoy potty humor this may be the book for you, but it wasn’t for me.

I have decided after finishing this book that I am no longer finishing books I don’t care for after a few chapters.  I cannot really tell you anything positive about this book except that a few times the author hit a funny bone, it was rare and far between.  I read a book similar to this called, The Fool(except that book had an actual story that I could follow) and maybe that is what the author was going for.  I really don’t know…I still am not sure what the book was about or what it was trying to tell the reader.

Publisher:  Published July 26th 2011 by Jersey Devil Press

ISBN: 9780984612741

Copyright: 2011

Pages: 168

Quick Review: 1 1/2  stars (out of 5) the ½ star for those few funny moments.

Why I Read It:  Sent by the author for review.

Synopsis: Do you like tales of Cold War espionage? Taut psychological thrillers? Science fiction as a metaphor for U.S. foreign policy? How about cute angst-filled teenage vampire toyboys?

Well, too bad. None of those things are in this book.

Instead you’ll join a guy in a Viking suit on an absurdly epic quest to figure out the meaning of life. There will be obstacles, of course: rabid gangs of disgruntled grannies, rival cults of pie-enthusiasts, toasters, anti-matter conversion do-hickeys, Shadow Men, bandits, hippies, annoying celestial bodies, the Department of Internationally Sexy Affairs, and probably way too many dick jokes for this book to ever be considered for any serious academic curriculum. You know, the usual.
Danger Slater
Author Biography:  Danger_Slater is the world’s most flammable writer! He likes to use a lot of exclamation points when he writes! Read his crap! You'll like it!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer for all reviews sent by the publisher, publicist or author for review.

THE FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION (FTC) ISSUED NEW RULES THAT WENT INTO EFFECT ON DECEMBER 1, 2009. THESE RULES STATE THAT PRODUCT REVIEWERS ON BLOGS MUST DISCLOSE WHETHER THEY RECEIVED REVIEW PRODUCTS FOR FREE OR RECEIVED MONETARY PAYMENT FOR SUCH REVIEWS. PAYMENT IS NEVER ACCEPTED IN EXCHANGE FOR A REVIEW OR BOOK MENTION UNLESS NOTED IN THE POST. THE RECEIPT OF ARCS OR FREE REVIEW COPIES IN NO WAY INFLUENCES OR HAS AN IMPACT ON THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED IN THE BOOK REVIEWS POSTED ON THIS SITE.