Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Ice Cold - Tess Gerritsen






Title: Ice Cold
Publisher: New York: Ballantine: Books: c2010
ISBN: 9780345515483
Copyright: 2010
Pages: 322

Quick Review: 4 stars (out of 5)

Why I Read It: Lisa: I have read several of her books in the past and have enjoyed them.
Where I Obtained the Book: Off the new shelf at my local library.

Synopsis:
In Wyoming, Boston medical examiner Maura Isles joins a group of friends on a ski trip. They seek refuge from the blizzard in the remote village of Kingdom Come, where something terrible has happened. Days later, Boston homicide detective Jane Rizzoli receives the grim news that Maura's charred body has been found in a mountain ravine. Shocked and grieving, Jane is determined to learn what happened to her friend.

Review: Lisa: This book grabbed me from the start. Having read several in the past, I was familiar with the characters and their dynamics. I hate to be cold and I shivered in my living room reading about the snow and the wind the group was caught in. It was quick to read and I really wished I had picked it up earlier in the day, so I could have finished it by dinner. I enjoy this author, she's worth spending time with.
Author Biography: Tess Gerritsen is the author of several successful medical thrillers. Gerritsen began writing as a means of relaxation from the stressful life of a physician and ultimately abandoned her career as an internist.

Other Reviews:
Examiner



No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer for all reviews sent by the publisher, publicist or author for review.

THE FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION (FTC) ISSUED NEW RULES THAT WENT INTO EFFECT ON DECEMBER 1, 2009. THESE RULES STATE THAT PRODUCT REVIEWERS ON BLOGS MUST DISCLOSE WHETHER THEY RECEIVED REVIEW PRODUCTS FOR FREE OR RECEIVED MONETARY PAYMENT FOR SUCH REVIEWS. PAYMENT IS NEVER ACCEPTED IN EXCHANGE FOR A REVIEW OR BOOK MENTION UNLESS NOTED IN THE POST. THE RECEIPT OF ARCS OR FREE REVIEW COPIES IN NO WAY INFLUENCES OR HAS AN IMPACT ON THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED IN THE BOOK REVIEWS POSTED ON THIS SITE.