Sunday, October 31, 2010

Author Signing in Rose Creek - Julie Kramer

David and I headed off to Rose Creek Elementary School early Saturday morning, for a waffle fund raiser and to meet the author Julie Kramer. Julie Kramer is from the area and had a chatting and signing at the fund raiser. She donated her time and $1 per book sold to the school. I just finished her latest and will be reviewing it soon(I enjoyed it.)
When I asked for a photo for my blog, she mentioned she had read it. Of course I was sure she was mistaken, but she wasn't. She had read it and even posted this site on her facebook page. We purchased her latest, had it signed and then she told us a bit about her next book. Her mother was there also and I really wished I had asked her if she was anything like Riley's mother in the books. I told her I loved the windmill aspect of her latest and she explained how she had actually been inside one and how there was definitely room for a good hand to hand fight at the top. She was enjoyable to talk with and I look forward to her next book.
The waffles were great. I ate David's.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer for all reviews sent by the publisher, publicist or author for review.

THE FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION (FTC) ISSUED NEW RULES THAT WENT INTO EFFECT ON DECEMBER 1, 2009. THESE RULES STATE THAT PRODUCT REVIEWERS ON BLOGS MUST DISCLOSE WHETHER THEY RECEIVED REVIEW PRODUCTS FOR FREE OR RECEIVED MONETARY PAYMENT FOR SUCH REVIEWS. PAYMENT IS NEVER ACCEPTED IN EXCHANGE FOR A REVIEW OR BOOK MENTION UNLESS NOTED IN THE POST. THE RECEIPT OF ARCS OR FREE REVIEW COPIES IN NO WAY INFLUENCES OR HAS AN IMPACT ON THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED IN THE BOOK REVIEWS POSTED ON THIS SITE.